What are some healthy things to do for your hair? Hair tips?

I love my hair and want to take care of it and keep it long and healthy. Anyone know any tips about taking care of hair whether it be tips on helping with moisture or so your hair can be naturally shiny? I love messing with home remedies also so if anyone knows any remedies I could make for my hair that'd be great. Any tips on making hair grow faster? Any tips at all would be great (:

Most Helpful Girl

• Number one, you cannot make hair grow faster. It will grow at a set rate. Some people are born with hair that grows fast, and others not. Don't bother with miracle products. It's a waste of time.

Two- the general idea of getting your hair shiny and soft is moisture. Moisturizing shampoo and moisturizing conditioner. Once or twice a week, swap out for a deep conditioner.

As to what you want to use, you'll wanna do research based on your preferences. I got some of the Bath and Body Works moisturizing shampoo/conditioner during their semi annual sale one year. Omg, the stuff was absolutely amazing. I stocked up on it, I loved it so much.

Recently, I've run out, so I've given the Aussie moisturizing conditioner a try and it seems to do just as well. It also smells amazing.

Again, as to specific products, that's on you and what you're willing to spend. I dye my hair, so I have a little different regimen that I follow (post coloring, I use a after color treatment along with the shampoo/conditioner routine). I ended up just learning the basics as to what prevents dull/brittle/dry hair and tinkered around. I found that keeping it all moisture/moisture, and avoiding brands that tout "fruit oil" anything (dries out hair) it gave great results.

A really good place to go is Sally Beauty. Their ION line is really good and the people that work there know their stuff.

What Guys Said 1

• As one who adores long hair...I happen to know that bananas add thickness and shine to hair. What you do is crush it up into an almost pudding-like texture...and then start rubbing it in thoroughly...leave it in for about 15 minutes and then hop in the shower.

Now it WILL take you a while to wash it all out...BUT...the results are immediate.

I'm a reasonably well preserved 53 years young, but my hair is thinning on top. When I do this, you can scarcely tell at all that I'm thinning.

I got this from the Doctor's TV show. It really works.

What Girls Said 9

• - Avoid using shampoos & conditioners that contain sulfates, parabens and petrochemicals

- Use natural oils as a leave in conditioner, oils such as: Extra virgin coconut oil(the best, since it actually penetrates the hair shaft), extra virgin olive oil, sweet almond oil, jojoba oil & safflower oil

- Deep condition hair once a week, alternating between a moisturizing deep conditioner & a protein/cholesterol deep conditioner

- Eat a diet rich in omega 3's. You can get omega 3's by eating oily fish such as salmon, mackerel, herring, sardines and cod. Also, I recommend you take a fish oil supplement & perhaps flaxseed. A diet rich in omega 3's helps the hair and scalp stay moisturized and retain moisture and the healthier your scalp is the healthier your hair will be

- Take a multivitamin to ensure that you're receiving the nutrients you need although it's best to get your nutrients from natural food sources

- Avoid using heat appliances on your hair & if you must, use a heat protectant

- Eat a well balanced diet that contains lots of colorful fruits and veggies as well as adequate protein

- Get your ends trimmed every 6-8 weeks just to keep it looking healthy

- Massage your hair for 2-3 minutes before bed to aid in growth or massage as you shampoo your hair. It stimulates blood flow to the head and feels good :P

- No pill is a magical pill, so don't fall for such advertisements although certain VITAMINS and minerals can aid in hair growth, such as biotin or prenatal vitamins

For further advice from me: link

For further advice not given from me: link

• U should trim your ends about 1/4 every month might be more depending how bad your ends are damage use deep conditioner every time you wash your hair and I been using panteen pro V beautiful lengths shampoo conditioner and leave in cream and it is amazing my hair grew loynger and thicker daily vitamins also help the hair grow healthier and stronger hope this helps:)

• Drink water eat healthy

• Well don't flat iron or curl it too much or it will just look plain old bad. Also you can use extra strength and shine shampoo. Eat bananas and drink milk to give it extra shine.

• Mayonnaise keeps your hair shiny, Avocados and eggs help the heath of the hair because of all the proteins and natural fats

• manyos and beer together mix the the same omount and leave on 30 mis and rince tou will love it

• Deep condition

• Olive oil

• morrocan oil is amazing stuff & done wonders for my hair. It's quite expencive but VERY worth it :)