Meaningful tattoos?

Why do some many people think tattoos have to be uber meaningful?

I mean as long as it looks cool why not get it. I mean if you get something that you think is very meaningful to you know maybe two years down the line you will think it is lame (like a quote or something). If you get a meaningless tattoo now it will still be meaningless 50 years down the road but it will still look interesting and cool which why you got it in the first place. Cool logic huh?

know= now

some = so

LOL mild dyslexia is a bitch :D

Most Helpful Girl

• I have two tatts...they have no meaning...I got them because I wanted them. I got the first one in my early twenties...I got the second one in my early thirties. I do not regret either...however they are also in a concealed place. Do it because you want it. Place it where you will not regret it or feel like you have to hide it...if that's a concern for you. It varies by person. I don't get the whole thing that it has to have meaning...if it has meaning, it just gives you a story to tell. Sometimes that's what they are a mark on your body that tell a story about you. However, this does not have to be the case 100% of the time for 100% of people.

• I agree... and no way you are thirty.

• That's cute. You're cute. Ta-ha ^^

• Your 32! I swear I thought you were like in the 19-23 range.

What Girls Said 4

• well if you don't care that its not meaningful then go for it. but most people probably think that because its something you're pretty much stuck with for the rest of your life lol

• Ye more to the point. Better it be something completely aesthetically cause to be honest we are only going to get uglier as we grow old anyway. While we will probably grow wiser everyday and what used to impress us intellectually will be obsolete.

• i have one that igot this July that I got that is meaningful. my grandma got diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and passed away oct 1st. my grandpa passed away 3 weeks later so I have something that represents both of them. personally I find it stupid to get a falming skull tattoo with a hot girl and a snake on it. when your 50 its gonna look retarted and you will regret it

• I have a tattoo on my right shoulder of the date when my Grandfather passed away. It's meaningful to me because my Grandfather was and is everything to me. It's on my right shoulder because guardian angels are on the right shoulder. So to me, my Grandfather is my guardian angel.

• some people do it in memory of someone or in memory of a meaningful event in their life. those aren't things they're going to get tired of soon

What Guys Said 6

• I don't think that you need an approval if like it go on end get it .. I'm thinking of getting this one link in my back :P

• Some people do just get tattoo because they look cool. Not everybody says they do it for something meaningful.

• I always think of the Chinese symbols to actually mean something different than way people say. Like "don't tumble ory" or "no left turns".

• because everybody is getting them these days and people watch to much 'miami ink', 'la ink', 'london ink', 'ny ink', ...

• Don't watch any of those shows, and if anything influences me it is the fact that most of the rock bands I am into have lots of their band members wearing pretty cool ink.

• Hey, look at me. My tatts make no f***ing sense nor is it really cool at all lol.

• I like the tattoos but why go all the way down to the hands? I would cut it off at sleeve length just so I can hide it on the job interviews and sue them after if they fire me cause of my tattoos.

• Idk, I just had to be the rebel at time and now I practically play price of being "downed" by society for it. But hey it's like already saying F**k you to society.

• Why not just have her painted blue? I don't like looking at them. I guess those with tattoos can always admire themselves in the mirror.