Am I becoming ugly?

Just about 2 months ago, I was more attractive. I could feel it from how strangers would treat me and how my mom would compliment me. Now, I don't get any looks in public and people treat me like I am invisible. I am 22 years old mand feel like I'm slowly getting uglier. I am depressed about many things in general, but the fact that my appearance is deteroorating is making it worse. It seems that I'm progressively getting uglier as the years go by- just 2 years ago, iwas more attractive.

I am only 22, but it seems likemy looks are fading quickly, and I do not smoke nor do I drink... Is any anybody else feeling like their looks are going downhill in their eatly 20s?

I am really depressed about this and I don't know what to do...

Most Helpful Guy

• No doubt I'll take a lot of stick for this, but I'm afraid in most cases, it's downhill all the way from about 16-18 onwards (albeit a gradual decline to begin with - and that's only considering *physical* attractiveness). The good news is that most 22 year old guys care a lot less about a girl's looks than a 16-18 year old guy - but they do care if you're not happy, smiley and confident.

I think men have it a bit better, and are more likely to improve with age - unless they start losing their hair young or something.

• Actually my peak physical attractiveness was at 20 years old, and you might be wrong with your assumptions, it depends for every person. And I dot think guys ever stop caring about how women look like... I bet almost 95% of guys 50 years and under do care about looks . What do you mean about 20-22 year guys not being superficial? That's the worst years...lol

What Guys Said 8

• Sweetheart, You are the same as you were 2 months ago. Maybe your self-esteem got hurt by an incident. if you would have said that you were attractive a decade ago, then you can say that your are getting older. You are still young :) you are just thinking too much into that.

When you stop loving or disliking yourself, how do you expect from the people to love you or like you.

Go for exercise daily, and wake up early in the morning. talk more to the people go out with the friends and have more fun with them and things will get normal. and do some relaxing exercises like meditation if possible. Things would be alright.

Good luck!

• Well I have not seen you , but I doubt that you are getting uglier cause you are not that old just relax , you make me feel like an old man :P .

Maybe the reason that you don't get so many looks from guys is that you are depressed and look sad ?

• No, I'm sure that depression is making you feel like that.

• I'm hearing this from a lot of girls around your age. I think it's a phase and it will pass.

• I think you are having delusions and panic over things that you read too much into.

• u are thinking tooo much... don't worry about it...

• you posted like countless times in here same type of question just changing few details

• upload a pic if you want honest answers.

What Girls Said 6

• It sounds like you are taking allot LESS care of yourself, it also sounds like you walk around with all your problems being expressed on your face.

Have you ever heard your friend say "wow that girl is so hot" and then another says "yeah but she's a bitch" and it makes them instantly unattractive! - not saying your a bitch, but being negative is the same thing.

One of my really good friends isn't the best looking although if she put in effort she is stunning! but instead she's like ahhh that girl is naturally pretty its genetics - not all genetics!

You have to work out, wash take care of your hair, clean teeth, clean nails, dress as though you respect yourself and have clear skin!

A girl who takes care of herself and respects herself is hot and will get looks - I'm sure before you became depressed you took care of yourself and WANTED to look good, sounds like you have given up

giving up is pathetic and if you have given up then you have no right to complain you have gotten uglier

• Ive felt this way. Its the stress taking a toll on you. Take a day to doll yourself up. Do more of the things that make you happy (this will improve your attitude positively.) You will be fine trust me, once you take a more positive outlook on life.

• It could be the depression that is causing you to be this way?

Have you been doing anything within those 2 years?

• I think you are thinking too much into this.

• No its true... My mom and sister tells me all the time how worse looking I became

• I think you need a psychiatric evaluation.

• So you are rating your attractiveness from how much attention that you get? Don't let people effect your self esteem.Apart from that,you probably feel bad because you keep thinking about it.