Can you really tell a lot about a person by the shoes they wear?

I remember in the movie Forrest Gump, Forrest said this. Do you agree or no? Why or why not?

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 16

• I don't think you can tell a whole lot by just looking at their shoes, but hey I'm no Sherlock Holmes so. . .

• Yes. I wear low tops and nice bras. I like my boobs. I wear closed shoes and clean socks. My feet belong in shoes. Very simple.

• No. I mean it's jsut shoes. but I guess if you dig deep enough you can find meaning in anything

• Im not sure but one of my best friend who taking psychology said the guy who like to wear white shoes are mostly players...hahaha I don't know if its true or maybe its just a random survey.

• You can tell a little bit from a person shoes. For example- formal shoes, probably not very sporty. Sneakers, probably active. It can show if they prefer comfort over fashion. And the age of their shoes can show if they don't like change.

• Someone once told me, "If a guy has dirty shoes, it means he's dirty and can't take care of himself hygienically, but if he has clean shoes it mean he's clean and hygienic."

^^ I think that's bullsh*t.

• I agree, to a degree. You can detect a streak of vanity, whether they have a good fashion sense, if they're lazy, and you can get an approximation of their financial situation.

• I don't think you can tell someones financial situation from their shoes, or even if they are lazy. I have one pair of shoes and one pair of boots. A two year old pair of New Balance for spring and summer, and a pair of Ugg Boots for fall and winter. I do not think that makes me lazy, or tells how much money I have. Maybe I do not have good fashion, but fashion was never important to me lol.

• Materialistic? Maybe I just have some class.

• I have class, I'm just not a fashinatia. Having nice shoes and clothes does not make someone classy alone.

• YES ALWAYS. I love a man with nice shoes. It's actually a requirement. If a guy is wearing old gross sneakers or pumas or, really sneakers in general I'm instantly turned off. Converse are kind of okay. Nice leather or suede shoes will never fail to be extremely attractive to me.

I don't have a foot fetish or anything, but I respect a man in nice shoes.

• He has to have nice shoes in order for you to like him?

• A lot of people I know actually wear pretty nice leather shoes or boots! lots of boots...maybe it's just the network of people I know...lots of musicians and artists! Or maybe where I live? I don't see it as being weird at all! My boyfriend wears wingtips and really nice button down shirts and is kind of classy as f*ck. I'm not hating on sneakers in general...I have a pair of thousand year old vans slip ons that I love to death...I just like well dressed guys.

• and not those shoes exactly..like look up "steve madden bryar" (I can't post links) but those are the shoes my boyfriend was wearing when I first met him. Those are the sexiest shoes ever.

• not really.

• I'm not sure...I don't really look at shoes, nor do I care as much.

• Not exactly their personality but other things...

Is that Fabio in your profile picture?

• I think in some cases it does, I mean if you saw two people and one was wearing steel toe boots and the other saddle shoes or colorful flats wouldn't you be able to tell the difference?

• I don't think so. I think the box of chocolates quote is a little more accurate.

• That's a weird question,but I don't think so.

• I think you can tell a lot about a person by the way they dress in general. Which is part of their overall presentation

• self-confident people don't care too much about fashion whereas insecure people try to compensate for being weak (therefore dress overly stylish). I know a millionaire who loves to wear sweatpants (in public) --> your theory = epic fail.

• actually no. I said nothing about dressing well. Did I? So yeah if someone doesn't care how they dress, then you can say that they probably don't care or are secure with themselves.

• lol do you assume they aren't secure with themselves? that doesn't make sense at all. they created a self-confidence test here in germany. overly stylish people didn't dare to wear sweatpants (for just one day) in public. only a few did and they later said that they felt very insecure and weak. lol that's real self-confidence, isn't it? they are only self-confident when they wear expensive clothes. isn't that pathetic? it shows how weak they really are...

• Maybe. Idk

What Guys Said 8

• In a business setting, you can tell some things.

• No but Edgar was one of my favorites in FF6. He had solid stats the whole game! Decent with physical and magic. Overall a solid character choice.

• You can tell a lot, but they probably don't mean anything.

• well, if I see some guy with flashyass, colorful shoes that seem to be meant to attract attention, what I get from that is that he's an attention whore.

but that's about it.

• No, they are just shoes.

• definitely, every man should have a substantial show collection

• No. What would skate shoes make you think of for a person?

• It's true, as far as I can tell.