Do you think "pleather" or fake leather jackets are tacky?

Most Helpful Girl

• Not if you get one that's a good cut, and decent looking. Don't get ones that are too shiny nor do you want to get ones that have too many embellishments because both look cheap.

Just look for ones that have biker jacket type stitching and relatively plain brown or black ones. The best thing is to keep it simple.

What Guys Said 6

• I think real leather jackets are wayy better

• There are several reasons why someone may not want leather. They may be an animal rights activist or they may not be able to afford real leather.

• or they may not have that particular style in leather

• If it looks legit, I couldn't care less...

• Not at all. If its a cheap brand and style then yes but some really nice designer labels make jackets with a leather look to them except they are not leather

• yes, literally whenever I think of tack pleather is what I think of

• Kind of. I say 'go real or go home'. :)

• I think even real leather jackets are tacky.

• How are real ones tacky if they are cut nice, well fitted and not all shiny?

• Jacket wise, if mine aren't super structured and biker ish, I look bigger- just my body type and its that way with any jacket.It has to be fitted with structured shoulders and waist so the biker type jacket is perfect for me.

• That's OK I guess. Still for some reason it look bad to me, but it's a jacket so it doesn't really matter. lol

What Girls Said 5

• No. They can look just as realistic as leather jackets. I have both a leather and pleather jacket - I like the pleather one because it has a better design and fit.

• not always, some look nice

• You can get jackets now that are not leather but look much like it. As long as it's good quality fake leather and not that horrible 90s pleather that looked like you were wearing a glorified plastic bag.

• Not if it is a good quality one.

• i do. it just looks...cheap