Should "curvy" women dress in form fitting clothes, or skinny girls?

Many girls have curves. Another way of saying "more to love" etc...but many women are skinny as well. I saw a magazine today with a skinny girl that was wearing a form fitting dress that wasn't very flattering...but is that because of her build, or because of the dress itself?

Questions in the title...

Most Helpful Girl

• It's the cut of the dress. A thin girl isn't going to look good in a dress if it was designed for someone with bigger boobs or wider hips and a bigger girl isn't going to look good in a straight dress. Both body types can wear form fitting clothing as long as it is flattering and not too tight. Most bigger women actually look larger if they wear baggy clothes. They need to wear things that flatter their figure and curves. I know this because I have been both the thin and the "curvier" girl. I like being somewhere in between the two.

What Girls Said 6

• It goes by your body type. Everything isn't flattering for everybody. Some things look good on certain builds and some don't. I've seen women with nice bodies but they didnt' know how to dress so they ended up looking bad. And some women don't have the best bodies but they know how to dress so they look good

• I think that anyone should have a right to wear fitting clothing. Curvy and skinny girls should be able to wear what THEY think flatters their shape. Not what others think. You can't force people into burqas just because the majority of the population thinks they don't look good in tight clothing. Every person has different perceptions of beauty. Different people will have different preferences; there will always be people who find curvy or skinny people attractive even if some dont. You mightn't have found the dress flattering, but I'm sure other people do.

• I hate the term curvy when people really mean FAT. I'm curvy, but I'm also a size 4, so not fat. I just have an hourglass body shape. To answer your question, no I don't think FAT girls should wear tight clothes because they rarely, if ever look good, but to each their own. I know lots of big girls that rock tight clothes and it doesn't look good but if they feel confident in them, so what I guess.

• I think you have said this before. "Curvy" does not always mean "fat." In fact, it isn't meant too. Curvy is good, is is meant to mean voluptuous. For example, 36-26-36. Now, that isn't fat at all, it's very curvy & sexy. Even a woman who is size 8 or 10 can be curvy, sexy, & not fat. You may not like it, but I know men sure do. Look at Marilyn M. There are many examples. Curvy doesn't = fat. Fat=fat.

• What if you're big boobed but also have a little more weight than most big boobed women do. That would be considered curvy, not fat

• Curvy is the waist/hip ratio. So if a girl has big boobs but carries extra weight she's curvy if she still has a large difference between waist and hip ie 42-34-42 would be an overweight person that's still curvy. Someone can be curvy and fat at the same time. they're just an overweight curvy but curvy should be used to describe people like me with an hourglass body shape, not size 16's because you don't want to call them what they really are: overweight/obese.

• I'm 5'2 & weigh 119 and I'm an hourglass shape, so I am curvy. But I tend to not wear things like that, form fitting I mean. I wish I was more banana shaped since they can pull anything off.

But there are some things skinny girls shouldn't bother wearing just like there are things overweight girls shouldn't wear.

• It's the dress. If a dress looks unflattering on a skinny girl it isn't going to look good on an overweight girl.

• This is true. Models are chosen because clothing naturally seems to look better on thinner figures. How it looks on the skinny girl is probably the best it's going to ever look on anybody. I think the only exception to this is when a girl is both thin AND curvy - as in a very small waist and larger breasts/hips. I think clothing can only be truly flattering on either of those body types.

• Yes though if your boobs and hips/ass are much larger in proportion to your waist clothes will not fit wellll either. The best fit is probably a pretty skinny girl with a bit of a mini bubble butt and c cups

• My favorite kind of woman

• I don't think fat people should wear tight clothes OR skinny people...they need to find a happy medium. I think women who have ACTUAL curves...like not made out of fat... can wear tighter clothes...think pinup girls in tight dresses!

What Guys Said 0