Why do girls care so much about shoes?

This is somehting that always baffled me, they are just things thta cover your feet. shoes serve a purpose to protect someones feet, nothing else. I never understood why some girls have tons of pairs of shoes. It is unecassary. I know there are occasions, for dress shoes, but other than that they are really just things to protect your feet. what do they have to do with fashion. I have only one pair of shoes, and that is all I need. Why would anyone need to spend thousands of dollars on something that covers their feet, and no one ever looks at.

Most Helpful Girl

• I hate such categorical statements... But I guess in general terms you're right. They are a big deal for many girls.

As far as I know I'm a girl and I there's no way I could be more indifferent towards shoes. I'm the overestimation of shoes you are talking about is just another proof that our society is ruled by materialism and consumerism and we're just a bunch of stupid lambs doing/buying whatever big companies and advertising tell us to.

• Your answer is so true, our society is to maetialistci, where people will spend huge money on something becuase it is popualr. People have no indidviudality anymore. People get rich of suckers who psend money like zombies on brand names, they laugh at those people. People forget about what is really important. That was a point I was trying to make.

• "As far as I know I'm a Girl" That just made my day. I thank you.

What Girls Said 11

• DON'T GENERALIZE! PLEASE! FOR **** SAKE!

Anyway, I love shoes...but have exactly 16 pairs...I am not a shoe hoarder and I am not one of those girls who's cucas get all wet when they see a new pair of designer shoes...

I have 16 pairs for "necessary" reasons...

1.Snow Boots.

2.Fashion Boots.

3.Knee high boots.

4.Fashion Sneakers.

5.Gym Sneakers.

6.Wedged Flats.

7.low flats.

8.Slip on's

9.Crocks

10.Flip flops.

11.Wedged Sandles.

12.Pumps

13.Sling-back heels

14.Stilletos

15.Uggs.

16.Gladiators

• sorry but you are a horder. 16 pairs is totally uncesccary. It is is no reason for more than one pair of sandlas or flatts. Also Knee High boots and fashion boots are the same. And why have Snow boots and Uggs, they are the same. That is way to many. Do you realize how much money you could have saved for your, future that you blew on usless shoes. And Fashion sneakers, come on.

• I object to the Crocs. Those those things are like foot rape

• "Icould never date a girl with that many shoes. That is someone way to materialsitic, and someone who does not have their priotritties staright,"

just because some1 has a lot of something does not always mean they don't have their priorities straight. I don;t think you realize that there are 365 days in a year...to wear 1 pair of shoe for allll those days is gross(especially if your able to afford more than 1 pair)...have some variety.

• I don't care about shoes and don't understand why everyone does. I mean good shoes can be nice but I have no interest in tons of them. I wear my chucks and I am fine with that.

• My shoe breakdown is thus:

"Nice shoes"-- heels

"Seasonal shoes"-- boots (including rain boots and snow boots), sandals

"Regular shoes"-- sneakers and flats

Then you have the color categories:

Black (goes with almost everything), Brown (the only thing black doesn't go with), Neutrals (navy and grey), Metallics (gold and silver), Colors (red, blue, purple, green, etc).

I have a black of everything (heels, flats, sneakers, etc), a brown of everything, a grey of everything, a few metallics, and a few colors (I tend to wear red and blue a lot so I have a few pairs of red and blue shoes).

• I don't care about shoes. I just need something on my feet to cover them :)

• That is the kind of answer I love to hear from a girl.

• shoes can make an outfit look good

• because my darling shoes are the foundation to a great outfit. its like when you have a great looking car but no engine. then the car is just worthless. why? because the engine is the foundation of a car.

plus you can wear a simple outfit like some jeans and a t shirt but put on some exclusive shoes and it will make your outfit go from a 3 to at least a 6 or 7.

heels also make a girl have more sex appeal and it makes your legs look great. I love shoes because they are not just shoes its art...but on your feet.

• I would not call it art. I don't think it makes an outfit, people do not even look at shoes. Guys do not. Shoes are like socks, they are not meant for fashion, and do not change an outfit. I never look at a girls feet.

• hey if its hot I will rock it.

and clothes show status. and I think girls can be materalistic but guys can be shallow

• I hate when people wear something just because it is popualr. It shows no individuality. I don't think me are shallow, they are not as interested in things that are unimoprtant.

• only 1 pair of shoes? wth lol

so you wear the same shoe to work,school, the gym, out for dinner, on a date, to weddings, to church, the mall, to a job interview, etc... ? wow lol

and a lot of people pay attn to the shoes people wear actually...no1 has to spend thousands of dollars on them but it's always nice to have variety.

btw the way..i'd probably notice someone wearing the same shoe for EVERY occasion a lot quicker than someone who has more than 1 pair.

• i have a pair of boots for winter. But I actually did wear sneakers to my cousins wedding and church. I don't need more. They just cover your feet.

• The thing with girls is they view shoes as an accessory, when in reality shoes are a necessity. I look at shoes, like warm, clothes or a home, it is somethign you need for protection, not something that is used for fun, or style.

• you wore sneakers to a wedding?

• because they are so pretty! haha.

just thought you'd like to know that the ad next to your question was one for women's shoes ;)

• my dad also takes so much care about his shoes. he doesn't have many pairs of them, but he always keeps them super-cleaned. he told me that strange people in the streets always look at your shoes, because shoes tell them much about your personality. I don't know if its true, but after he told me that I started staring peoples shoes. for me it is also not important to have many shoes, but to have clean, not destroyed shoes

• I agree that it is good to have clean shoes, what I don't get is these people who pay so much money for brand name shoes, or who try to make a fashion statement with them. To me shoes are meant for foot protection, and nothing else. It is like cars, why does someone need a fancy car, a cars only purpose is to help people travel.

• whats worse - many girls wear shoes which deform legs.

• please, to compare a guys love of shoes to a woman is ridiculous. I'm yet to meet a guy that buys a pair of expensive shoes they never wear

• Well without the shoes there is no outfit. You need a lot of different shoes to go with different outfits. Such as who would want a girl in a nice skirt and top and then wearing old sneakers, I don't think a lot of guys would. So we need to be able to match and look good and the shoes pull it all together.

• I understand that everything does not go with everyhting, but a girl only needs really one pair of heels, or drees shoes, one pair of snakers, and one pair of boots. Hells could go with any skirt, and nice top really. And one pair the same with bootsm with a nice outfit.

• that is true that you only need one pair of heels,one flat,one sneaker,and one boot and I'm cool with only having that I have a lot though but not as much as you describe in pictures I think that is ridiculous to have that many pairs of shoes but some girls like to have a lot it really just depends

• What you said is a normal to me. It is just people who obsess to the point where they waste money that baffles me. People could use that money, for college, saving for a car, or save it for the future, or emergenices. Some people just don't have their prioritties striaght.

• Because some of us need different shoes on every different ocasions.Its quite boring for us to wear the same shoes again and again without getting new one tho.I like to collect shoes.Its like my hobby.

• How is it boring to wear the same shoes. It I sjust somethign that covers your feet. It's a waste of money, that could be used for better things.

• The thing with girls is they view shoes as an accessory, when in reality shoes are a necessity. I look at shoes, like warm, clothes or a home, it is somethign you need for protection, not something that is used for fun, or style.Report

What Guys Said 7

• TBH, when you start wearing dress shoes for work, you should have a rotation.

You can wear one pair of shoes till they die, then replace, repeat.

But if you buy lets say 5 pairs of shoes and wear them once a week, they won't just last 5 times as long (which would be the same amount of money as buying 1, then another, then another) they'll last MORE then that because they have a chance to properly dry and recover between wearing. Five pairs of shoes might last 10 times as long as one pair, saving you money in the long run. And then obviously you can have a little more variety instead of just trying to have one bland pair that goes with 'everything'.

For women, shoes are an accessory. One reason they buy so many is that most women's shoes are made really badly and fall apart fast.

• They will figure out the meaning of life before this question

• Love that answer.

• i heard that by looking at a person shoes tells you what kind of person they are! if they're dirty then the person probably is dirty, poor hygenie, etc.

• To keep the ensemble true, you must go jimmy choo

• I have lots of shoes... I hate wearing the same ones all the time.

• because for them, feet are ugly and weird. so they need cute shoes to cover them

• You wouldn't wear dress shoes to the beach, would you?

• I don't even have dress shoes.

• Doesn't matter. I'm being a realist here...you're going to need to wear them. Sometimes you got to do what you don't want to do

• I completly agree with you. I think it is dumb, but you have to do things do things sometimes.