If a guy is starting going bald, what is the best way to cut your hair?

My hairline has been receding since the age of 17 (i'm 23 now) and it has receded a fair amount for my age . So far I just grow my hair long which covers the receded sides which is fine for now but over the next few years what is the best look? leaving it be i.e. Bill Murray? buzzing it short i.,e. Jason Statham? or shaving it fully i.e. Bruce Willis?

I don't what to go down the route of trying to cling on to my hair via meds or transplant, but I also would like to still look attractive to the opposite gender. any advice?

Most Helpful Girl

• I’m a hairstylist and I get this a lot most guys get it cut short now how short is the big question but that mostly depends on how you look and also on your hair if you have a lot of cow-licks or swirl’s on the top of your head then shaving it bald is best because then you don’t have to deal with it. And for the ones that don’t want to go completely bald I suggest getting the top cut like finger length with scissors so they can make it spiky. Like I said it all depends on the person but for sure don’t go for the comb-over its not attractive at all if my guys losing his hair and doesn’t know what he wants to do with it I much rather he shave it bald then go for the comb-over. And don’t worry because only a really shallow person wouldn’t like you just because you’re losing your hair there are a lot of attractive people out there who look good with no hair or super short hair LOL hair isn’t everything personality counts for a lot more :)

What Girls Said 3

• Well be happy you aren't like my dad who started going majorly bald at 17! Anyway, some guys look really hot bald. I don't know if you would be one of those guys. I don't know you or know what you look like so I can't be certain but probably cutting it short like a buzz would be your best bet. And wearing hats. :) good luck.

• I know a lot of previous answerers basically covered the bases. have you looked into natural health food store remedies? silica, vitamins to help with hair growth? those are some things you might want to look into as well. good luck

• That's really tough and I'm sorry you are experiencing that. Maybe you could try rogain- believe it or not it really works! You could also shave the sides and let the top grow a little longer, that really makes the hair look thicker. Best of luck!

What Guys Said 1

• Well, what you don't want to do is make it look like you're tryin to hide it. I gave up about your age and cut it short. Some guys buzz cut it, another less obvious way to hide it.

I went the route of naking it as visible as possible. Why fight Mother Nature?