Should I get a new tattoo or a new piericng?

I'm kind of wanting to change my look a bit. Since I'm not messing with my hair right now, I'm gonna go for a body mod. I'm going to get a new tattoo or piercing. I'll only be doing this over winter break, after I have money and have time to devote to aftercare.

I don't know exactly what tattoo I plan on getting but I have a few ideas. For a piercing, in addition to my ears which I will get done too, I like the idea of my lower lip or snakebites.

Thoughts?

• Tattoo
  • Piercing
  • Neither
For those who keep commenting on a tattoo's permanency- UH DUH. *smh*
Thanks. Getting snakebites come January. Or sooner actually since I got a job on-campus. xD

Most Helpful Girl

• I say a piercing, since it can be undone

A tattoo is permanent and shouldn't be done simply because you're looking for change or to experiment since it is permanent for the most part.

I say piercing. Maybe belly button or nose or on ears(cartilage I mean).

If you do decide on a tattoo, make it meaningful, something that has meaning to you and always will.

• @UPDATE: We just don't want you to get anything done irrationally or just for a change, cause you could regret it in the future. If you want a tattoo just make sure it means something, that it's not a picture of Homer Simpson or Marvin the Martian(I think the character is super cute)

What Guys Said 8

• Why not get one of the new probiscus tattoon's? Think of how smug you'd feel knowing you have Goofy's image emblazened on the inside of your nose! At Disney he's known as the Super Pooper!

• How big the tattoo? Is it something personal (has value to you) or a typical dragon?

Those guys in hospitals really hate tattoos and piercings. A tattoo is more deep and also takes longer to remove (pain in the ass), piercings are easier.

Just do whatever you feel you want. You can even do both for a rocking combination :)

• Piercing because you can take it out. Unless you already have a tattoo, you may not understand PERMANENT ! I didn't understand how permanent tattoos are until I put a couple playboy bunnies on my arms. The fact I can't take them off can be stressful in certain situations, especially since they are so visible. Since you don't know what kind of tattoo you want, and where, be very careful.

• I would go with a tattoo if it's something meaningful and something you've had on your mind for a while. My whole idea on it is - don't get a tattoo unless it's something you've wanted for longer than a year. I just got another one done yesterday.. took 2 hours. They don't hurt BTW, It feels like being scratched with a toothpick.

• I'd say don't waste your money and go with neither. But, if you really want to, I guess piercing. That way you can at least take it out if you don't want to have it at the time where as a tattoo you're kinda stuck with it unless you wanna pay for expensive laser surgery to remove it.

• Tattoo or neither. I don't see a facial piercing fitting you at all except something like a nose stud.

• neither. tats & piercings are a turn off.

• lol I would say neither especially on the piercings

What Girls Said 4

• If you get a tattoo just get one that means something, not just for the sake of change haha.

Dermals are cute, but if you want them removed, you need to get them surgically removed.

Snake bites and lower lip is cool, but you never know how your body will react until you get it. My body rejected mine.

• Currently the tragus piercing is really popular. What about a nose piercing or belly piercing? Do you have those already? If your pain tolerance is high, I know that many people get tattoos on their ribs if you were interested in that. I personally would choose a piercing, cause my pain tolerance is super low...lol. Good luck with everything! :)

• I actually don't have any piercings atm but 2 tattoos. Thanks!

• If you aren't absolutely positive about the tattoo you want, go for a piercing. You can take it out whenever you want. I think facial piercings would suit you because you have very feminine features. Snakebites would look badassss.

Tats are pretty great though. A good idea is to get it somewhere you can hide if need be, though.

• @update: Agreed. If you're set on a design, get a tattoo. I have a few and the permanency is apart of the appeal in the first place.

• B: Piercing =)