Do girls notice when a guy dresses up?

Do you think he dresses up for you or in general?

I'll admit I do dress to impress (anything less than a full blown double breasted 3 piece suit) if I like someone, but not sure if they actually notice or think I do it in general.

Most Helpful Girl

• I notice, and I like it when guys dress well. It is a total turn off for me to see guys with pants hanging ot their knees, with old beat up tee shirts, or anything else that just looks like he pulled it out of a dumpster somewhere. Not that he has to wear dress pants and a tie every day, but even just a nice pair of jeans and a shirt with a collar is fine to me. Not that he has to do that every day, but it is good to see a guy who takes care of his appearance. And I think most girls usually notice it as well when a guy dresses well.

What Girls Said 7

• Yes we do. It is sweet and faltering . I dress up for a guy if I'm going on a date so yes I shows they place a certain importance.

• Yes I notice, I wouldn't assume he dresses up because of me. I figure he just felt like dressing up that day.

• Oh yah! I'd only assume he dressed up for me if we were dating and I knew that he put it on specifically. If we were just on a random date, I'd assume it had something to do with his job.

• yes, I notice, but I never assume its for me. I usually think he had a job or interview or something that required him to dress up

• A girl always notices. Even when she doesn't want it to seem like.

• I grew up wearing my older brother's outgrown clothes and never really expressed much interest in fashion. Therefore I'm terrible at picking up when a guy dresses up or not because I myself do not particularly dress up. Sometimes it's hard though to decipher when a guy is dressing up because sometimes dressing up for a guy just means that he will wear what he feels most comfortable wearing when going out with me.

• yes of course. I'll notice f you look nice

What Guys Said 4

• My question is whether or not a fine dressed man makes a difference? I dress my age: business casuals and shirts with dressy shoes in college because I refuse to look like a teen kid who just woke up and never washes his clothes. Thus far, I have yet to hear ANY woman give any comments on how well I dress. Does this mean that it still comes down to tall, handsome, race-specific and rich?

• I think it's how you dress. You can't just put on a shirt and tie. It helps if you are physically fit (not overly chubby) and your clothes fit.

Fitted clothes look 10x more expensive than ones that are pricier but don't fit.

• They notice. Girls have a keen eye for fashion.

• They absolutely do.

• I sure hope Susie noticed my special blue jeans today.