Is it really bad for guys to wear Uggs?

I saw a question before where someone was talking about it. I am a guy and all I wear in winter, and fall is Uggs. I wear them with my pants tucked in. I have a couple pairs of the classic short and a pair of the classic tall (the men's of course) They were originally worn by men, and only men. Women only started wearing them 10 years ago. If people knew the history of Uggs I think they would feel differently about men wearing them.

FYI I'm not metro I just love Uggs, I get cold winters and they are so warm and comfy I have always seen Uggs as to ugly to be feminine. Girls could you not date a guy like this, even if you liked him

Most Helpful Girl

• I really like guys who wear uggs. They look cute and down to earth but with sense of style. Also they're mostly are very open minded.

What Girls Said 8

• I used to work in a grocery store like 3 years ago and I vividly remember some guy that would come in every Sunday morning wearing uggs...I just think its a little odd just because he's probably the only man I've ever seen wearing them. But they're comfy and I love em, no reason you can't wear them too!

As for dating a guy like that it would depend. If I actually got to know him and he was normal otherwise then I could definitely look past it. Not a total deal breaker. But he might have to work a little harder or be a little better in other areas to make up for the points lost in the shoe department, if that makes any sense. :p

• I have no fashion sense when it comes to footwear actually. I have only one pair of sneakers that I wear in spring/summer. I like comfy shoes, not stylish. I don't even own a pair of dress shoes.

• As a Canadian who tried to pass a pair of these off as her winter snow boots, I don't think ANYBODY should be wearing them. I don't know what I was doing wrong, all I know is that I bought them at the beginning of December, and by Christmas Day, I was ready to chuck them out the window. The soles had absolutely no traction, they were useless against the snow, and they leaked to the point where I was fearing hypothermia in my feet when I knew I still had an hour or so before I could take the damn things off.

But that's just my opinion - and my lesson was learned when I made sure to buy the best pair of snow boots my Christmas money could buy. :p

• I would date a guy who wears uggs. If a guy can pull off that look with confidence that's really awesome. Also you do whatever it takes to keep one, I for sure will not look down on a guy for wearing warm clothes when its cold lol.

• I like your answer. I think I look fine with Uggs. I tuck my pants in and show them off and if people do not like it I really do not care. Somebody is always not going to like soemthing about everyone anyway. Plus where I live it can get real cold, and Uggs keep my feet warm. One day last year it was -10 at night, so fashion goes out the window, when it gets that cold.

• heck ya. Personally I hate being cold so I can wear the craziest scarf hat glove combo. So just wearing uggs is not weird at all. Plus guys who show off their fashion sense I give thumbs up to. If I could do a smiley with a thumbs up I would but I'm not that cool lol.

• I have never been really big into fashion. I like having nice looking shirts, and cool hoodies (all I wear are hoodeis in fall and winter), but I have never obsessed over it.

• Uggs are ugly no matter who's wearing them.

• I agree they are ugly, but they are warm and comfortable.

• I think there are male versions of uggs, I'm sure of it. I don't pay as much attention. in this winter weather, I just wear things to keep me warm, not sure about fashion as much

• I do not wear them for fashion really, It gets cold and I like to stay comfortable. I wear the Classic boots. they are the same ones the girls wear, but they were origianlly worn by men, and are now unisex.

• noo its fine!

• course not. they're comfortable and warm

• That's really f***in gay

• How is it gay? Gay is liking the same sex, which I do not.

What Guys Said 7

• Uggs are for women. I don't recommend women to wear them because they are the ugliest shoes ever created.

• nothing wrong with uggs, I own a pair of winter boots from them, and they are great

• If you like them and don't get bothered by what people say then go for it but if you care about what people say then I don't suggest it because people are going to talk about you and call you gay and all that stuff

• Uggs. Short for Ugliness.

• I'd eat my own feet before I wore uggs, but if you like wearing them then that's your business

• It's bad for ANYONE to wear uggs

• Yeah, why are you so obsessed with fashion when you have such bad taste in it?