Should white guys do dreads?

A couple of bands have white guys with dreads (Anders Friden from "In Falmes" and the entire band "Korn"...however when my cousin tried to do dreads everyone hated it. Does it only work for some white guys?

Most Helpful Guy

• Why anyone would think it's cool to imitate the Afro-Americans is beyond my understanding.

What Girls Said 3

• Yes, it works well for some guys and they can really pull it off. It also has to depend on your style as well. If you're a preppy guy, trust me it will clash! Do you think your style fits your profile if you were to get dreads? My friend's boyfriend got them and he looks pretty good in them. He is in a band that plays alternative rock. If that helps!? Good luck! :)

• I hate all dreads.

• Sure a few guys where I live have them, I think they could work on anyone as long as you own it.

What Guys Said 3

• Why would you want them!?

• Some styles go better on different people. So yeah, it only works on some white guys

• Sure why not? They look good on like white folks. Former dreadhead myself.