Is there a difference between cute and pretty??

me and my friend were trying to figure out if there is a difference..

Most Helpful Guy

• I think I would go for Cute but that because I assign meanings to words that are not necessarily there definition and to me Pretty is the word I use when I think a girl is good look and attractive, but for a reason beyond explanation I have no feeling of attraction for them. It's like saying "you are very good looking, just not my type." in truth I feel guilty for not have any attraction because then I go through a thing of "they are fine, why don't I feel any attraction? What is wrong with me".

to me Cute is good looking and I do have an attraction, but they are not full on hot. Cute last longer wile hot tends to taper out around 30.

What Guys Said 6

• Cute and pretty have no actual set difference. But guys look at it as different ways. Here's how I look at it.

Pretty girls. Attractive. Often kindof boring. Can't really see dating them. Maybe make as a friend.

Cute girls. Attractive. Great personality. Can have fun and be sexy in a non slutty way. Perfect to date. fun to be around.

I dunno, like I said its different for all guys ha ha I think cuteness is related to personality though.

• I can go either way, I'm attracted to beauty but at the same time anyone can be truly beautiful as well. It just depends on the persons opinion. It doesn't take that much to get me interested in a woman, nice beautiful eyes, gorgeous smile, and nice medium to long hair. That can be anyone, just depends.

• I see cute as more of a youthful attractiveness (big eyes for example) whereas pretty describes a girl that is very attractive. They are similar though.

• cute. pretty girls are usually boring. Cute girls have just the most adorable personality that matched their good looks.

haha, to be honest cute and pretty are just what people make it to be. I personally look at it as how I described it though.

• Cute. Pretty just means you look good. Cute means you look good and have a nice personality to go along with it

• cute = teddy bears

pretty = flowers

What Girls Said 3

• those labels are so subjective

• I almost want to say that "pretty" is more classy, and slightly more mature than "cute"... But I don't know!

• I think pretty is more of looks, while cute is like the whole person - looks and personality.