Style vs Real.. Ladies what REALLY matters?

I've moved to ATL and my GF's friends tell me I need to toss my board shorts and skater shirts and get into the prep scene.

So I let them convince me to do some shopping and got some Holister gear, polo, and Ralph Lauren, some Sperries? Not sure on the spell of that.

My point being is we go out tonight in my fresh look and I'm curious what women really think when they see money on a guy. And what men think as well.

Just a note this isn't about the hookup, I have a girlfriend she thinks it will help me network and gather good professional contacts here in ATL.

Most Helpful Girl

• When a guy is well dressed, I assume it's because he respects himself enough to not dress with whatever he saw first in his wardrobe and that's a huge turn on. I don't particularly care about designer brands, because price doesn't determine how good you look but I do have to admit that a guy who knows his name brands is another turn on.

What Girls Said 2

• I can tell when guys are made to wear those clothes. It's awkward and it doesn't suit you. Not because of your body type but it's like masking who you really are. But I mean, if you think you can do it and you're comfortable with it, who I am to judge?

• dude.. wear what you want.

• Well, it's not what is in style here, do some research and come back to me on this. Check out Atlanta - Buckhead or Sandy Springs it is where we live.

• I don't care what's in style where you live. Wear what you want.

What Guys Said 3

• There's a lot of evidence that points towards moving out of the skater scene into the preppy scene as the right choice. You're profile lists you as 31, which means you're at the age where dress shirts and khakis actually look good on you. Atlanta is a relatively fashion-forward locale, from what I saw over the past summer I spent there, and it definitely helps to get a notch up on the competition for jobs by dressing the part.

You mentioned Hollister. I would consider that more of the teen-early 20s college student scene. It's got the surfer, and even skater vibe attached with it and even though they can make some solid stuff it's a little under what you're looking for. Ralph Lauren is always a solid choice for any age, same with Sperries. But generally it's not about the brand and more about the fit. You didn't ask about fashion advice so I won't go deep into it, but there's no need to drop $$$ on a name if you can find something that fits you better from somewhere else. If you have any specific questions about putting together a preppy look feel free to drop me a line.

What do other men think about a well dressed man? Real men aren't afraid to complement a man on his dress. They'll take you more seriously because you're good style is an indicator that the rest of your life is solid as well. Women do the same thing. A man who dresses well is a man who pays close attention to himself. He knows his body and treats it well. That says only good things about how he treats his woman.

• If you are as old as your profile says, then the women you are dealing with at your age should be old enough to have move past the trend clique deal and respect that everyone has their own individual style. Wear what you want and anyone who doesn't respect your own personal style is a sheep.

• I'm that old, but my Girlfriend isn't, I'm ten years older than her. Her friends say I need to grow up lol, I love my board shorts and tee's. I came from a beach town, and they are like you ain't living at the beach no more. lol

• The fact that they're still stuck on high school fashion trends rather than individuality says they're the ones who need to grow up. Clearly they haven't quite had enough exposure to mature adults yet.

• If you're looking for professional contacts, you're looking for guys who are older then you. Are they hanging out where you are? Hollister may not be much of a step up, but it all depends on context.