Do you think I am shallow if I reject guys that are very nice to me?

I hate disappointing people and especially those who appreciate me for who I am, but I just can't make myself like anyone unless there is some kind of ''chemistry''. I'm not gonna lie looks are important to me, but not more so than personality. I've had crushes on guys who were not ideal in the looks department but sexy in their own way because of their sense of humor, intelligence.

Do you think that maybe ''chemistry'' is overrated? Some of my friends are in serious relationships with guys who they first didn't like, but grow to like them afterward and are very happy right now.

Most Helpful Guy

• There is nothing shallow about not being attracted to guys you "think" you should be attracted to, because attraction is a gut feeling, that isn't logical. It doesn't make sense. If a guy tickles your fancy good for him. If he doesn't - it's his problem, not yours.

What Guys Said 2

• No more shallow than most people I suppose

• no that's not shallow. why does everyone say a girl is shallow if she doesn't find the guy attractive? you're not shallow. Looks ARE important. Personality is important. You just want the whole package and there's nothing wrong with that.

What Girls Said 1

• Guys will say "yes," but they only date the girls they are most sexually attracted to. They want to have it all their way. Guys get mad if we choose guys we're most attracted to, then they get mad when we say we try to date guys we find kinda unattractive and aren't psyched to get busy with them. When we have to work on wanting to bed the guy, they throw fits and say we're bad people for being most sexually attracted to the people who are most sexually attractive. YET ... no guy will date a girl he doesn't want to sleep with from the moment he meets her. Guys only get a chance to "grow on" women because they will NEVER offer the same benefit to us.

• You're exactly right! I know some guys that are on the" not so good looking side", and expect good looking girls to date them, but they won't date a girl that's not looking, or at least they don't want to date them.