Why are girls attracted to guys who workout and have muscle?

I never understood why girls are attracted to guys who have muscle. Feedback from girls would be great. Any guy advice is great too. Thanks.

Good answers

Most Helpful Girl

• Because muscles are often a sign of strength, and we're hard-coded to seek out mates who can protect our offspring. Just like guys are built to like certain types of girls. Of course there's always exceptions, I'm just generalizin' here.

• Great answer. Thanks. It just sucks to have to wait so long to see results lol.

What Girls Said 12

• Generalizing is never cool. I am attracted to personality before looks any day. I don't have a specific type, and would give very one a fair shot.

• Why not? They don't have to have huge muscles or whatever...but someone taking care of themself in order to be healthy is always an attractive thing!

• I am not attracted to guys with a lot of muscle.

• Because I like to feel safe when I'm in the arms of the man I love. TO much muscle is a turn off, but a good tone is sexy(: Its like asking why do guys like skinny women? because they have a nicer body shape (: SO guys with muscle show females that they arn't lazy and can handle there own if they needed to(: jmo though.

• I love muscles because when a guy would hug me, he could hide me with his giant muscular body, call me weird but I find that hot ;) .

• i'm not sorry.

and probably because working out usually means they're healthy. healthy is attractive, I guess.

• Personally I don't like "muscly guys."

Just no!

• It shows that they take care of themselves. Also generally means they have pretty good stamina.

• i love guys who are not too muscley but are toned at the same time. I'm attracted to it because its just one of those manly things I love. I'm really attracted to men with really manly features. I don't really like guys that wear stuff that's really feminine like really tight jeans.

• So if you don't mind me asking, what other things are you attracted to?

• u know every girl is different and likes different things about men. But for me the eyes and the face always do it for me. A hot body and a great personality is a bonus as long as they are not overly obese. But on the other hand if the guy had everything I liked (ie eyes and face) but was a total jerk and really arrogant I could easily not be attracted to him

• because they take care of themselves. working out and being fit is important to me so his life style habits also matches mine

• I don't like big beefy guys at all,I find them quite intimidating to be honest

• because no one wants a fatass

What Guys Said 3

• because it makes you look sexy and strong.

• Why not? I mean it's a sign that your fit, healthy, & in shape.

• I would think it's just like us guys that like girls with a nice body, nice legs, flat stomach, toned. Women like guys who they think has a nice body, that's natural right?