Guys would you wear speedos?

Would you wear speedos if they were a lot more socially accepted? Or if more guys wore them like 50/50 and they were more common? Would you like to have the freedom of being able to wear them without being judged harshly? The same type of freedom girls have when they wear a bikini?

• I wear them already and I don't care what society thinks
  • I wish I could if society wasn't so judgmental
  • I would if I had the body for it
  • No I wouldn't wear them regardless
  • See results
ha ha getting more answers from girls :/
Hilarious some answers. People are really scared of them. Mostly the US of course
and for the record...I think the latest L.M.F.A.O music video with them wearing speedos is revolting. If you haven't seen it then I wouldn't recommend it. It's a perfect example of how NOT to wear speedos

Most Helpful Guy

• Personally, I prefer regular bikini swim briefs for guys over speedos. I'm not crazy over that incredibly tight mashing feeling and look. Regardless though, they need to fit properly. I don't like seeing beer bellied men in them. Loose the gut if you want to wear that. It would be nice to see younger men in them, but mostly old men wear them. Oh well, we are all heading to old age sooner or later. But as for me, I am 38, 6'1" and weigh on average between 155 - 165 lbs. I've been swimming in men's bikini briefs since my mid I was about 23 (I've been tanning in them on the farm where I grew up since my late teens). I am not a body builder, but am not suffering from an enlarged stomach either. Also, I have a medium tan with no farmer tan lines (farmer's tans are ugly). I am married and am not looking to draw attention from women to think I look sexy. My wife is the only one who can find or see my tan lines, and she loves it! Most of us (women included) do not have a model magazine looking body.

Should I wear them? If you don't like it, don't look at me. My wife hates the look of board shorts that look like pants that are too short, and I hate the look and feel of them also. Speedo / men's bikini briefs feel great in water, and dry a lot faster than short (which makes you feel like a drowned rat for hours later).

But because of society, I choose to wear the shorts until it is time to either tan or swim. After that I dry off and cover up with a towel before putting the shorts back on (which it is awesome to have dry shorts after a swim). If it was normal for guys to wear them, then I would walk the beach in them, but since it is not that accepted by society, I don't. I don't go around the beach staring at every hot or ugly woman in a bikini on the beach, and most don't stare at me either. Most people are self-conscious on the beach, so even though it feels like people are staring, I just head to the water with my wife and enjoy a fun swim with her.

Besides, they feel amazing in the water, and you can't see them on me when I'm out swimming anyway. So really, who cares? I've never caught anyone staring at me, and I don't push it either. So again, should I wear them? I won't stop just because you think I shouldn't. I would rather please my wife than you.

Outside of the beach, I am very conservative. I never go anywhere even without a shirt. The beach is a place to enjoy "reasonable" freedom. If you are a guy and you have a problem with my swimsuit, then I can't help you with your insecurities. If you are a woman and have a problem, well honey I'm taken, so I'm not trying to attract you anyway. Marriage has been the best boost of self-confidence I've ever had. I know longer care what the opposite gender thinks.

Nonetheless guys, if you are going to wear a bikini or speedo, please for the sake of us all, make sure it fits right, and does not overemphasize your personal areas (or look trashy). Most people wouldn't want women to dress like that either.

• I too wear them I get misty of mine from skinzwear standing at 5'6" and 170 lbs, I've never had any complaints.

What Girls Said 20

• Being a swimmer and a lifeguard, speedos are not a big deal to me. They're just normal swimming attire. They're not baggy, they allow you to move better, and they look fine. Even if the person is chubby, other swimmers don't care at all because it's as normal as wearing clothes.

If you're swimming laps, go with a speedo or jammers (those skin tight swimming shorts). Trunks are kind of silly to swim laps in, but that's fine if it's all you have.

I think it's also fine to wear speedos outside of lap swim or practice, and a lot of swimmers do. it just depends on your level of comfort and who you're with. I'm also biased because I used to live in Brazil and it was common beachwear for guys of any age, and considered attractive.

Of course speedos look better on guys who are in good shape, but you don't need a perfect body to wear one. You should wear one because they're good for swimming. Plus they show confidence.

• if only more girls were like you

• you have a good mature outlook on this. I like you

• I think some guys look sexy in speedos.

• I am a swimmer and I see guys in them all the time, and I don't mind!

• A good carefree girl. The way it should be. I like you

• I'm glad most guys won't wear them. You can look like this link this link or this link

My answer will always be the same: meh.

Speedos just don't do it for me. :/

• I don't like speedos. I've only seen it a couple times but I will not forget when I was waiting in line for some slide or who the hell knows what and there were two old men in speedos. O.O never again. I don't like bikinis either. Never wore one never will. It's just too much skin on both genders. No, just no.

• see the old men have given them a bad name

• Interesting. So it must be more of the 16 and below age group that gives the eww responses. Well I'm glad they don't repulse you anymore lol :p

• I don't know what was wrong with me at that time haha.

• sigh.

what is it with you and speedos?

• LOL! most guys wouldn't wear them. Just as I expected.

• I probably would not wear a speedo. it's personal preference even if it's socially accepted. I don't always follow what is 'socially' acceptable in terms of fashion anyways

• ughhh no guy should. I won't judge him harshly but I won't find it attracctive or manly either

• Haha...I don't like speedos...It is awkward...a guy wears them..and my eye draws down to their crotch LMAO I don't want to look..but...It is like, 'are they really wearing that?' and I look haha

• ha ha well yea it's there.. but you don't HAVE to look

• LOL indeed. haha. I am 21 =)

• there is no problem. we are just not used to it. whereas..you see whores everywhere..so a bikini is nothing

• I don't think speedos are some horrifying thing, however, I usually prefer regular swim trunks on guys.

• LMFAO. Video was a bit too much I was surprised TV showed that but it was kinda funny and disturbing well maybe that's just me caz I'm not into sex like most late teens

• Hot guys in speedos a like really a turn on for me

• I would love to see a guy in a speedo.

• you mean you never have?

• I would love for more guys to wear them!

• Really? How old are you?

• ha ha well you sound like you can handle seeing guys in speedos. You know like it's not a shock for you. More mature than some of the eww comments we get sometimes

• Chicago

• Speedos are sexy. If you have a nice body of course.

• Yes a fat belly is not attractive I agree. How old are you?

• older than you, 22

• Men + speedos = me drooling.

• wow amazing..at least your not repulsed ha ha

• We tend to not say "ew!" a lot. ;)

• exactly

• I don't approve of speedos. See the thing is guys have appendages down there and girls are pretty much flat down below. So it looks the same whether a girl is wear jeans or a bikini, that's why it's acceptable for women.

It's like how guys can go shirtless but girls can't. Is it fair? Not really. But I am glad it's this way because I don't want girls exposing their boobs and I don't want guys' junk to be all out.

• I do not believe that you just compared the man/woman shirtless factor, and men in Speedos.

Basically, there is no argument as both parties are keeping covered.

You cannot contrast a shirtless woman with a clothed man. Because the Speedos may make certain things more visible, you say that? What about women wearing shirts (last time I checked, their "appendages" are considerably protruding.)

That is not a valid debate. If you simply are not fond of then, that is one thing.

• The chance of a woman having an appendage down there is about the same as a man not having an appendage down there. Don't forget that some men have moobs and still get to be shirtless.

• I don't disapprove speedos..I just think they look funny. haha

• i want to see guys in speedos

• And what might the problem be with shorts..?

For the record, if you want women to be even slightly attracted to you: stay away from Speedos.

Regardless, if you feel the urge to sport such swimwear, go right ahead. Beyond the fact that they do not appeal to me personally, I suppose that there is nothing arguable.

• nothing wrong with shorts either

• "And what might the problem be with shorts..? "

Wet shorts take an eternity to dry on the body and get sand everywhere, thus imposing a change.

• Don't forget the amount of drag they create while swimming, its like dragging a parachute behind you. Not safe for swimming in my opinion.

What Guys Said 22

• I'm American and I wear them regardless. F***society.

• I wear them regardless, they're de rigueur in France, because considrered more hygienic than long shorts full of dirty kleenex in the pockets, etc. Some places in France REQUIRE them. The fat guys get very upset by this.

They claim they're being discriminated against, since they have to highlight their bellies

• In Europe shorts are prohibited in public pools: strict beach wear.

Thus most guys wear speedo like trunks.

• To the ladies: If guys look so horrible in them, then perhaps you don't like the way guys look. If that's the case, then why do you even date or get married to a guy? Personally, I don't really care what women think. My wife likes me in them, and she's the only one I care to please. As for anyone else, I'm not available or looking for anyone anyway. I'm so glad to be married so I don't have to think about whether or not I'm attracting the opposite sex (except for my wife of course).

One thing I will say, is that most of the guys I've seen in them are either fat or old. I assure you, if I start getting fat, I'll just wear shorts, or go to a beach where there is not a lot of people until I am able to get the weight off.

• I would, but only for my girlfriend, I don't think it'd be right to show so much to anyone else, which now I am considering, because she's mentioned wanting to see me in things that show off more.

• No thanks, I'm okay with just swim shorts.

• Yes I do.

• I swim at an indoor pool. Less and less guys seem to be wearing speedos over the years.

• probably because some countries and parts of society have deemed them unacceptable. Silly really

• In Europese pools, shorts are deemed hygienically inacceptable : if you try to wear one the management or pool responsible just throws you out.

• f*** that silliness.

• I'm a straight man 48 y/o. I'm 5'-11" tall, 157 lbs with a 35" waist. I'm not musclebound nor a competetive swimmer but I'm decent-looking and not a hairy guy with a hanging gut...ok? I like to wear speedos at the beach or pool because frankly I hate board shorts. I guess that if I wanted to just hang-out adopting the ghetto gang-banger look then I'd go for the board shorts. But really I feel un-sexy and frumpy in shorts and they're difficult for swimming or tanning compared to bikinis. Is it OK to wear speedos?

• Yikes, some things are not meant to be pressed against your body, like SPAM. Whooooo...

• What would Boromir do?

I would think he would burst out laughing if he saw a man wearing a speedo.

• A song comes to mind:

link

• i started wearing them an i love them it doesn't mater what pople think i was a little bit scared but i did it an it wasn't so bad an girls were checking me out an so were the guys but i love them they dry so fast and no rash from walking or moving board shorts feel so heavy an if girls can wear them why can guys wear them so yeah

• Yeah I had a girl smile and say hi as she walked past. I was just sitting on my towel at the beach minding my own business and I was wearing them

• I would like to wear one, but there's too many people who don't like it. I think they are definitely masculine and sexy, but there's too many people against it. I think swimming should be naked.

• lol nobody wants to see me in that. even if they could, shorts seem so much more comfortable.

• I swim laps at the rec center and I love them

• I'm a straight guy and I've worn joe Snyder bikinis to the beach I could care less what anyone thinks and that confidence makes girls love me. Just don't wear a banana hammock to a beach with little kids

• If you let other dictate what is acceptable to wear – it won’t be long before you have a very limited selection to pick from. Most adults don’t care what the "Fashion Police" think.

• I used to hate them and would never wear them, but watching that LMFAO video changed my life... Now I want to buy a pair and wear them down the street while doing the Pelvic Thrust simultaneously.

Besides, I live in Australia and quite a few people here seem to enjoy wearing Budgie Smugglers.

• ha ha that video grossed me out

So are they more accepting in Australia? Like people don't care as much if you wear them there?

• LMAO that video was disturbing!

• THAT VIDEO WAS LEGENDARY!

• I used to do competitive swimming when I was younger and all the guys wore speedos. So to me speedos are normal seeing as shorts and beach wear not only slow you down but were prohibited.

Now days I just wear speedos under the shorts, must be old habbits dying hard but to me it just doesn't feel right not wearing speedos when swimming.

• it has nothing to do with style, my d*** just needs more room than speedos allow

• Huh! LOL

Trying to seduce a stupid broad on Gag by bragging ? I don't think that works.

• LOL stupid broads, huh? Is that how you look at girls these days? o.O

• Now there is a line of BS "my d*** just needs more room than speedos allow" - Keep dreaming buddy