How do you stop greasy hair from producing oil?

I wash my hair everyday. It gets greasy everyday. What can I do to make it stop producing so much oil? It sucks. I have a bang and my forehead is greasy, too. How can I fix that?

Most Helpful Girl

• dont use shampoo that has sodium laureyl sulfate in it, it is a detergent and strips oil off your hair and is too harsh and causes your scalp to react and product more oil. you're stripping too much nutrients off your hair so its responding by producing more oil find a natural shampoo to use a lot of drugstores have an organic sections now walgreens target cvs there's tons of beauty products and shampoos that are sulfate free

also it could be your diet are you eating a lot of junk food? or bad food? try eating healthy veggies and fruits for a week with lean chicken and fish and see if you see a difference

other than that I don't know, it could just be natural may be you can talk to your doctor about it

What Guys Said 2

• It could be _because_ of how often you're washing it. Your body steps up oil production trying to counter your oil-stripping washing.

Other then that, I'd look at diet next. And I don't mean 'eat less oily food'. If anything, it could be missing essential fats.

For example, my wife's complexion cleared up a lot when she started taking fish oil, greens+, and a few other herbs that offer hormonal support.

• Shave yourself bald.

But seriously, the haird doesn't produce the oil so don't worry about it.

What Girls Said 5

• A silky pillowcase. It helps. I was having the same problem a few weeks ago.

It might just have something to do with your pillow.

• Ouh, really? I think I have heard something about cotton pillowcases absorbing more oil...

• Those are just natural oils that you produce and you're suppose to wash your hair at least 3 times a week.. For healthy hair.. Not everyday but that's all you.

• Mm. Do you use any products?

• I only use gentle shampoo, but wash/blow dry my hair everyday.

• Sometimes at night, sometimes in the morning. If I wash it at night, then I usually have to use dry shampoo in the middle of the day.

• Yeah I'd wash it in the morning. And use baby powder, or there's special powder you can buy.

• My hair is like this too but to keep the grease down use a deep cleanse shampoo and only put conditioner on the tips. I wash mine everyday because it feels like a must. But when it gets really greasy pull it back into a pony tail.

• don't wash it everyday. the more you wash it , the oilier it will get. try washing every other day

• Maybe bangs aren't the answer in your case. Try clipping them back.

And just wash your hair often. Some people have hair that is more oily than others. Mine isn't a total greasebomb but it gets pretty oily..less so if I don't iron it but I really need to wash my hair every day.

On the bright side, if you have oily hair and skin they probably won't get all dry and brittle when you get old.

Baby powder or dry shampoo can absorb some oil from the hair. Actually, quite well, I used to put baby powder in my roots before going to sleep and my hair was less oily in the morning.