Fat girls in skinny girl clothing?

Why? Just why do they do that? Don't they realize that forcing their bodies inside smaller sized clothing doesn't make them any smaller? Nobody can look at a person's clothing and determine their outfit size, nor do they care what size they are. Are they in denial about their actual size and try to compensate by dressing smaller? Haven't they figured out that squeezing themselves into spaghetti-strap tops makes them look fatter?

Most Helpful Girl

• I haven't been there before, so I can't say for sure but I've got a few theories. When I gained a little weight I wore baggier clothes to try and cover up (which doesn't do you any favors either) I think females who are overweight and wear their clothes to small can't let go of the idea that they have gotten fat. They keep squeezing into those jeans thinking, if I can still wear these, I haven't gained that much weight. Also, false perception that they are hot will cause them to let it all hang out. I've known quite a few larger women who think they are gods gift to men and the sexiest thing that walked the earth, it's annoying. These women would fare far better to COVER UP and wear clothes that compliment their body shape. I am thin and STILL the only time anyone sees my stomach is when I'm at the beach or on an occasional Halloween. Let's cover it up ladies, keep it classy and leave SOMETHING for the imagination. Or at least balance it out. If you're showing off the legs, cover up the chest. If you're showing off the chest, cover up the stomach, so on and so forth. Sure your guy wants to see you in some sexy clothes, but I bet there are parts of you he'd rather keep to view only for himself, as he should.

• Honestly im 5'6 and a about 258... and as a larger women I agree with you. The only reason I ever did such thing was my luggage was lost during a trip so I had no choice but to wear my friends jeans and shirts.. she's the same height but only about 125-130. I couldn't even get those up to my hips... finally after getting them up I couldn't even come close to buttoning them... the shirt was so tight you could see my belly button through, not to mention my underbelly hanging out... That was the only time I ever wore tight clothes. Now, I've added a couple more pounds... im rounding in at about 290 now..

What Girls Said 11

• Because they feel like they can pull it off and they're comfortable with themselves in it. Why does this bother you so much? It's their preference, not yours.

• If an XL girl is totally comfortable trying to squeeze into M clothing and it's her preference, fine. I'm just pointing out that it hurts her image more than it helps.

• I know..I'm just saying in her mind it isn't hurting her image, so let her be.(:

• I think they think they look cute. But that's what happens in a society that says as long asyou're confident it doesn't matter what size you are, you get confident fat girls making everyone want to gouge their eyes out.

• maybe because the clothes thinner girls wear don't come in their size, and those clothes are generally nicer and more in style. Stores like Abercrombie and Fitch purposely make their clothes smaller so bigger people can't wear them, but because its in style they will try to fit in what they can and think it looks good just because of the name. Also it may make them feel better about themselves thinking that they are fitting into a M instead of a larger size, they just don't want that L or XL on their clohes to ensure them that they may really need that size. or some girls like smaller clothing because they think if they have a chest to show that off it might hide the fact their stomach is big too and boys may look past it. Hopefully therir buying smaller sizes because they plan on losing weight and don't want to have to buy all new clothes again :)

• they do it for attention. somewhere some guy has checked them out when they had on this skimpy clothing. maybe the guy was just looking and wondering how she fit in those clothes in the first place, but all she was thinking was he's looking at me. until you guys stop looking, they will keep on wearing the undersized clothes.

• It's what the media is feeding us.. Spaghetti straps makes girls look hot, so girls wear them, fat or skinny.

• I am a medium sized person and only have one word for this: EEEEEWWWWW

• Maybe they used to be thinner? It's a lot easier for a girl to put on weight quickly than it is a guy. Not everyone can afford to buy a whole new wardrobe when this happens.

• I know a really sweet and honestly beautiful high school girl who needs to wear a size up and she won't do it. the very idea upsets her. she also doesn't get that she's bulging out of what she's in and that it's just drawing attention to some problem areas and she's not huge either just needs to go up from a medium to a large and she's a tall girl so she's not way overweight but she looks more like she is because she tries to fit into medium sizes instead of just going with her actual size, but even if she tries something on she goes on and on about how 'big' it is and it's not it just fits her instead of being so tight she just doesn't want to go up a size and say she's a size "large" or a double digit size instead of a single size.

• Well, there might be some who are disillusioned to think that they're smaller than they really are or that the clothes they choose look good on them.

But where I live, there are really only 3 plus-size clothing stores for women. They don't offer much selection, their styles aren't very trendy, and the clothes cost at least twice as much as regular stores. So, I can understand why some girls might try to wear regular size clothing even though they need a bigger size.

• What do you mean by "fat girls"? I feel like that's me, I wear a small on both top and bottom but could stand to lose weight, which I'm trying to do.

• I mean really large ones. Not the ones who "can stand to lose a little weight." I'm not the most shallow man in the world and I'll tolerate some body fat as we all go through phases where we're not in shape. You'd think they'd realize that they'd find more clothing that complements their figure rather than make it look worse.

• In my experience they are either in denial or genuinely think that their bodies are great and they can pull of those clothes as well as skinny girls

What Guys Said 0