What makes a guy cute instead of hot?

I have been wondering why girls think I'm cute and adorable lately instead of like hot and handsome.

So my question is what makes you think someone is hot and handsome instead of cute and adorable?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 11

• CUTE

may have a baby face, or a round face. softer features, looks friendly and has connotations of someone you could cuddle with

(example: don lemon link

HOT/HANDSOME

may have chilseled features, classically masculine and handsome features. like strong jawline, nice bone structure. model like

(example: tj holmes link

also personality has a lot to do with it too. its not an insult by any means. one isn't really better than the other, I can like a cute guy just like I can like a handsome guy. and when you really have feelings for a guy, he is cute to you no matter what he really looks like.

• Well when I say cute and hot they both mean facially good looking but hot is sex appeal and makes me want to f*** them.

Seth Rogen cute: link

James Franco hot: link

• a girl can think you're sexy and attractive and also think you're cute/adorable. The later is more about your personality. Like if you're shy around her or very sweet to her that would make you cute/adorable to her.

• The way he smiles and the roundness of his face usually make the difference between cute and hot for me, buuut I like cute guys more than hot guys :)

• To me, they all mean the same thing. Cute can mean two things to me:one, attractive two, adorable. I call my fiancĂ© cute all the time and he is handsome and hot to me. "Hot" is just not a word I use, it feels strange to me. I go to the word cute for comfort reasons.

• Whats the difference between attractive and adorable?

• Attractive is me wanting to date someone and me feeling physically attracted. Adorable is cuddly, more baby like, something I would want to take care of.

• A compliment's a compliment. To me, whether I call him cute, hot, sexy, adorable, handsome means the same : bangable. The meaning depends on the attitude. He COULD be doing/saying something particularly adorable for me to call him that. It's still a compliment.

• Cute is generally young looking and/or has something very endearing about his personality. Probably seems very friendly and smiley.

• cute means they look younger. hot could still be cute. handsome means polished good looking.

• cute guys are usually nicer.

• his personality. he can be both hot and cute. I like cuteness :)

• well I wld your cute/hott! that's what you shlda ask lol

What Guys Said 3

• The more skin he shows, the hotter he is - the more he covers up, the chances are he's just - cute. Justin Bieper may be an example. If he stripped down more he might be more hot... but then you're bordering on kiddie p0rn because he's under 18.

• When girls say a guy is cute, they normally mean handsome. Sometimes they avoid calling a guy hot because it makes them look like an object.

• its a compliment. I've been called ugly hot cute handsome. go figuire :P