Why don't they make clothes for smaller girls?

I'm technically a size xxs but I can barely ever find clothes that size. an xs fits me but is a little baggy and still hard to find. a small makes me look like I'm drowning in fabric but a lot of times is the smallest size a store carries.

if you're going to carry sizes like triple extra large, shouldn't you also carry double extra small? I don't think it's fair. I should be able to find clothes just as easily as anyone else.

and I'm not anorexic or anything, I'm naturally small, always have been.

Most Helpful Girl

• my daughter has the same problem although she does fit into the 00S jeans because she has a booty but if she didn't she would be wearing kids jeans. that is actually what I'd suggest for you. I'm sure you've tried the petite dept but if I were you I'd shop at a high end kids store that doesn't have JUSTICE all over the front lol so no one will know it's a kids shirt/jeans ect.

I still buy some clothes for my teens at the abercrombie kids store cause it's so much cheaper and the fit is better sometimes.

What Guys Said 6

• Since the majority of adult women are either medium or large, there is very little demand for adult clothes that are size xxs, or xs. Since there is very little demand for those sizes, most stores don't have clothes those sizes since it won't generate an acceptable amount of income. That's why. You can try kids clothes, and then edit the clothes yourself. You can spruce them up with jewelry, added fabrics to create an image, things like that.

• Somewhere they do.

They don't usually make clothes for us short guys either. My choices are go to the big city 100 km away or get alterations.

• They do. It's called kids clothes. My ex was 5' and she shopped in the petite and kids section.

• but kids clothes look...well, childish. I want something that looks adult and mature.

• Yea, I'm really big on fashion and I know that her getting kids clothes is not a good thing to do. I wear misses clothes but unlike her I can fit an xxsmall. The best thing for her to do is to buy an xxsmall and have her clothes altered. Kids clothes will only make her look younger/kiddie. I'm 19 years old and barely wear juniors clothes for that reason.

• btw your ex shouldn't have to get kids clothes. I'm only 4'8" and don't wear kids clothes.

• That's an abnormal size. As is anything over XXL. As Kermit said, you'd have to wear kids clothes.

• I take that back actually. Over XL. A lot of stuff doesn't come bigger than XL.

• maybe for guys. I don't know how it is for you but last time I went shopping there was a lot of xxl and xxxl.

• Yeah online when I look at a lot of stuff like music shirts, some of the graphic tee websites, and all the preppy stores for guys usually stop at XL. Seems weird that girls big size would be all over since they're usually smaller.

• you're really cute...that is all

• I need pants with a huge crotch area and hats with a big head area since I have a huge brain.

What Girls Said 8

• are you shure your not trying to sqweeze into a smaller sixe because you look more like a medium to me...

• you're an xxs? are you sure? I'm an xs and I'm like half your size... I don't really have a problem with the sizes,i usually wear baggy things with belts,i have all sizes in my closet from xs to XL,and I don't think smaller sizes should exist for women over 14 y/o,it's not a healthy size so they really shouldn't encourage it,i don't think they should have anything over XXL either,but when you're smaller than xxs you can wear bigger clothes,but when you're XXL you can't wear smaller clothes

• Okay, you're fatter than me. And I'm an extra small. So?

• They do, you're probably just going to stores that aren't for you. What is xxs in number size?

• You tried hollister. their clothes are specifically for smaller people. I shop in express for tops(they sell xsmall and I have their leggings (3 pair) in xxsmall) and hollister for jeans. But both stores are a bit expensive...Hope that helps!

• Hahaha. I'm like that too. I'm tiny too and I fit into kids size 10/12 and I'm 18... and also generally in today's society, obesity is a huge problem so they have to make bigger sizes to accomodate the bigger people. People are getting bigger and bigger now rather than smaller and smaller. And this totally sucks cause there's not much to choose from the kids section. Lol.

• are you sure you're actually an xxs and not just squeezing into too small clothes? You look a lot bigger than an xxs in your profile pics.

• i look a bigger than I am, but yeah I'm sure. me wearing a small is like me wearing a snuggie, and extra small is still pretty baggy. I think it's my weird shape.

• Because there are a lot more fat people than thin people in America.