Would lots of volumizing mascara & thin eyeliner make your eyes look bigger?

i have small-ish round eyes but I have huge lips. I want my face to look more proportioned, would that work? like if I do liquid eyeliner on top, winged out a bit & champagne-gold colored eyeshadow like this:

link

ive been told to put it allll over my lid

i wear glasses also but they only help a little :/

they look like this:

link

Most Helpful Girl

• It's all about moderation m'dear.

Ex, if you had 2 inch eyelashes, of course your eyes would look smaller. So don't slap on the makeup to distract from your eyes. If you have contacts, use them, glasses sometimes make your eyes look smaller (but don't invest in them JUST for bigger eyes). Definitely use an eyelash curler, your basic eyeliner and mascara. But too much eyeliner makes your eyes look smaller, and too much mascara just makes your eyelashes look horrifyingly clumpy... Accentuate one of the two. Your lips or your eyes. I might do a nude lipstick so your lip size is less noticeable, use eyedrops in the morning to wake up your eyes. (I put in eyedrops for my contacts and I always look more awake after I put them in). And maybe go to the mall and ask one of the makeup salespeople for specific advice (you might even get better/more makeup ideas, if you're lucky)

• i never really do anything to my lips other than put on chapstick lol haha

• Oh- then definitely start slow. Do you like natural makeup or bold makeup better?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 5

• To make your eyes look bigger with make-up, you need to be able to "fool" other peoples eye. Yes liquid eyeliner on the top of your eyelid would enhance your eyes. When you do this though, make sure its directly on the lid, or you'll have a little gap which looks horrible. Eyeliner on the bottom of your eyelid actually makes you eyes look smaller. Maybe try a white eyeliner, but use that sparingly. And for the eye shadow: try putting a tiny bit of white or silver eye shadow in your tear ducts... I don't know what color you eyes are but if they are brown, then a little bit of gold eye shadow would look nice. Especially if your eyes have tints of gold (like most brown eyes). In the crease of your eyes try a shade slightly darker than your skin tone. Right under your brow bone, use a highlighter, or a light eye shadow just to make your eyebrows stand out! Hope I helped :)

• Make Bigger Eyes with the right Eye Shadow. Adding light colored eye shadow to your eye lids will make your eyes appear bigger. For subtle light and sparkle choose a cream eye shadow. Select an eyeshadow color that suits your skin tone, and one that doesn't contrast too sharply. Younger women can get away with the more extreme colors, but not if you're older. Older women should choose matte finish eye shadows, not the sparkles. Sparkly eye shadows tend to accentuate eyelid wrinkles.

• Lash Reviews Provide detailed eyelash enhancer reviews, customer ratings, and information for different eyelash growth products in the market today. Good Luck. Happy reading...

• Your face is actually pretty proportionate in your picture. Your eyes aren't small haha. If you want them to look bigger YouTube's the place to look. Just type in: 'How to make your eyes look bigger'. I can't access YouTube at the moment so no links unfortunately.

• Truthfully glasses always make the eyes look smaller.

For eyeliner:

Draw a line on your top lid, start from the inner corner and extend outward. It may take practice but you'll get there. Also, open your eyes wide and dot the liner between the base of your eyelashes. It may sound weird but it enhances.

Then on the bottom, starting at the outer corner of your lashes, draw a line. It should be thinner than the top line, but neither line should be too thick. The bottom should be thin and the top should be medium-thin.

Do not connect the top and bottom lines, it closes the eye.

Do not draw in your bottom rim, it closes the eye.

Curl your lashes (do this before the eyeliner, or it may smear your liner) and add several coats of mascara, maybe 2 coats.

A great mascara that gives you big beautiful lashes and draws attention to your eyes is Covergirl Lash Blast.