Does hair length really matter to men or is it a myth?

Okay...so is longer hair really more attractive to men than say...a chin length bob? Or is this just a myth?

Most Helpful Guy

• Being completely objective, I like long hair on women but it's definitely not a big enough factor for me to ever consider when approaching a girl. If you can rock shorter hair, then go for it =D My girlfriend recently halved the length of her hair and I still think she's cute as all hell, so hair isn't really that big of a factor.

What Guys Said 20

• It very much depends on the man. I like long hair. Brook Baldwin on CNN is absolutely stunning. But then there's Jamie Lee Curtis in her short bobs but an outrageously sexy woman. There's no single answer.

• Statistically speaking, men prefer long hair compared to short. I'm not entirely sure why exactly, but perhaps its the mental image that long hair just correlates better with a woman/girl. Or perhaps that feeling of a woman on top kissing us, and the hair falling down. Either way, long hair has always been more preferred.

• I think most guys prefer longer hair on women generally, however that's fine.

• Oh, it really does for me. But not for everyone it seems.

• I think most guys do prefer girls to have long hair. However, I think the way they look with whatever hairstyle they have is more important than the actual hairstyle.

If you look cuter with shorter hair than go for it. If you look better with longer hair then go for it, too.

Hair length isn't a deal breaker for me as long as it looks good.

• I don't care either way, I've even seen women with shaved heads who look attractive!

• Myth. We look at your overall appearance.

• Yes, long hair is the best. I love a woman with long hair, especially if she looks good with it in a ponytail.

• It does to me. A girl with short hair is such a turn-off. No offense, but It looks manly to me. I don't mind hair that goes down to the ears, but any shorter than that no.

• I'm partial to shorter hair

• I like long hair on girls.

• i like long hair better because I love ponytails

• It depend on fitness to you that what bring attractive to men

• I like my girls with long hair but short hair is nice to just not to short tho its a turn off for me

• Shoulder length to the ass is fine with me. shorter than that isn't my cup of tea tbh

• long hair don't care. Just not too long.

• I hate to have long hair

• Not all guys will like longer hair. I don't.

• Long hair do look better than short hair.

But for women it's still possible to look good with short hair, although harder!

• Speaking for myself, I prefer long hair, but character and personality are more important, because everyone (men and women) will make assumptions based off appearances if they don't know the person well enough.

So if you ask a stranger what he prefers, he'll give a definite answer, but if you ask your boyfriend of 6 months which one he prefers, he means it when he says "doesn't matter"

What Girls Said 6

• It is not really in my jurisdiction to say, as I am female, myself.

From observations, I have heard of men who are attracted to tastefully shaved heads on women... but these are also the same men who have never been in a lasting relationship with one, nor have many even asked a woman with such a cut out on a date.

Personally, the length of my hair almost reaches my butt. I like it, and that is all that matters.

• not a myth. my ex hated short hair on girls, it actually grossed him out. Not all guys are stupid like that though.

• From what I've heard for years and years is they like long hair but I had my hair to about shoulder length (as seen in profile picture) and guys still liked it. So no worries.

• I don't think it's a myth, men do prefer longer hair because it's feminine and it gives an edge to a woman's overall looks. However, some women look better with short hair, so it depends on how you style it

• Yes, they prefer longer hair on women.

• It is definitely not a myth. The longer, the better. Most men I know are not attracted to hair shorter than the top of the shoulders. I mean, if the girl is really attractive otherwise they'll accept it but I've heard guys talking about girls who cut their hair into a bob and they said "She used to be so pretty but now she's nasty".

So yeah, not a myth.