How do I know what my bra size is?

How do I know what my bra size is? Victoria Secret sucks I hate it! I went there and the lady measure me and told me 36D, but when I tried on the stupid bra it felt to tight! So I adjusted it and it has been feeling uncomfortable over the years. My best friend had thought I was a DD. Well I don't know. All I know is that my breast sag, I'm only 19 and I hate it. What should I do?

Most Helpful Girl

• Get measured at a department store, like Macy's. I love VS's underwear but I have big boobs and their bras do not work for me. And, the lady at VS told me to get a 36D..did not fit me at all, and I have always been a 32. A few weeks later I went to Nordstrom and she told me I was a 32DD which made a LOT more sense and fit a lot better.

• I don't get how could she have measured you and thought you were a 36D then you went to nordstrom and they say 32DD? The first person wa way off. I bet the VS people were way off

• Yea, the VS people were way off. 36 is not fat, that's not what I mean, but I was just shocked because I have a small frame and a little waist and always wore a 32, and I had not gained weight. Plus the bra she gave me did NOT fit well. She didn't seem like she knew how to measure well. At Nordstrom they also looked at the bra on my body and determined that the 32 was the right one, and found a cut that fit well too.

What Guys Said 5

• You need to go to Nordstrom, some other high end department store, or a real lingerie specialty store. VS is about the look, not the support.

• I have a feeling that most of us here would be very fond of your breasts. I wouldn't worry about it too much, and I wouldn't spend too much time being angry at a clerk who didn't measure you right.

• look she said 36D and I can't even fit the damn thing, my breast sag a bit and I thought it was because I didn't adjust it right but I get jealous when I see other girls breast who look big and perky and mine look saggy, I hate it

• I'm sure that it's just a matter of finding the right bra. I know that for girls with larger boobs that's a challenge, but I'm sure you'll eventually find the right brand for you. Other than that, I can only suggest you send me a photo and I'll tell you what I think.

• Lol.

• Over the years? You've probably changed sizes.

Go to a high end place, get them to measure you.

• Yea I got this VS bra last year

• That's what real large breasts on a girl over the age of 16 look like.

• But I don't get it some girls I see have breasts that appear to look bigger than mine but they don't sag :(.

• I went to JC pennies and got a 38-B bra(the size Victoria's Secret said I was) and it fit me WAAAAY better than Victoria's Secret's 38-B bra. :)

• VS isn't a good place for girls with big t*ts, never been.

• I didn't think I had big t*ts

• Yea its just I get sad when I see girls with big t*ts and a guy says that a girl has big t*ts and they are high I get jealous

• I haven't seen yours, but I have seen my share of t*ts and 36DD are big, heavy and exciting, come on girl.

What Girls Said 10

• You're supposed to tell them if it's too tight. I went to VS to get fitted too, and they did measure me and hand me bras of that size, but they always asked me if it was comfortable or not. I was told I'm between a C and D, so I tried many on and based my decision on whatever fit best. Also, if this is over the years and you're 19 at the moment, then you've probably changed sizes. Go shopping again and get something that fits you properly, I know how annoying it is to wear things that are uncomfortable.

• I told her that 36D fit tight on me. So I got 36DD. It fit when I first got it but now it feels tighter around the rib cage. and has made my breast sag over time. It sucks

• Oh, well if it's around the ribcage that it's tighter, maybe try a 38. Size can change over time, especially at our age, so it's not too surprising it doesn't fit anymore. I've changed sizes a couple times already and had to get new bras. Go to a higher end store if you think that'll help, I'm sure they'll be able to find you something that works. Good luck :)

• Go get yourself measured in a more high-end, or boutique style sure. They're probably better trained.

Styles can also change the fit of the bra. And sometimes you can be on the flux of a back-size, so maybe try a 38D or if it's the cup that's tight a 36C.

• the cup I'm wearing now is too small and its a 36 DD, the lady at VS insisted that I try on a 36 D so I did, then voila! It wass too damn tight.

• Well like I said, go get measure somewhere high end, they're probably better trained.

• I got measured at Nordstrom and they told me I was 30D which fits really well, Victoria's Secret will basically tell you your bra size depending on which sizes they carry. The lady at VS told me I was 32C which is technically correct but they don't carry 30D sizes so she told me I was the size that they do carry if that makes sense lol

• My breast size fluxuates a lot throughout the year. I was once a D and now I'm an A. I would recommend to go back and get measured since you're supposed to go every 6 months. You can get a second opinion just to be sure of your size. If you are having trouble with your back then maybe visit the doctor to get advice on what you can do. I know a few girls that have had to get breast reduction because their boobs were too big and it caused medical issues.

• How did you go from a D cup to an A cup?

• Yea I don't get why some people say that your breast get smaller as you lose weight? Because I know some fat girls who have smallere breast than me and I'm not athletic but I'm not overweight either. I don't get how it works

• You're just more blessed. We're all built differently and perhaps our fat is distributed differently too.

• I totally know where your coming from I thought I was a 36 D. When infact I'm a 32FF. God knows how the woman got tht wrong. But the bra I wear feels too small. And now its like the quality has gone after a few washes. Its like twenty quid a bra. I have to actually go to la senza for bras. As my boob size is rare.

• Just because its your correct bra size doesn't mean every bra is going to fit! I can try on the same style from the same brand I've worn for the past year in the same size that I know fits me and still have problems. Finding a good bra is all about putting in the time to find one that fits you right. I hate to shop but I'll put in 4 hours to shopping for a new bra. Translation: Go find a bra that fits.

P.S. I'm small chested but my better endowed friends really like the maiden form bras.

• Yea, but I really don't think Victoria's secret is the place I need to go

• I agree. Unless I'm looking for matching lingerie I avoid Victoria Secret. I like Khol's because they carry a bunch of different brands. They won't measure you there though.

• Go to somewhere with quality. La Senza told me I'm a 40-DD I'm actually a 36-H... Never trust La Senza or Victoria's Secret. Go somewhere that provides for a fuller bust. You may be quite shocked what you get.

• See this: link

Also, not every company makes all the sizes the same. And if it says that you're that size and it doesn't fit very well, it maybe that you are in-between (between 2 sizes).

• I thought I was 34B for the longest time but I'm really 32C

• Was your bra tight on your boobs, around your ribcage, or both?

• Sometimes I think the individual bras can be off a little bit when they're produced. I have one that is the same way. I know its my size, but its snug. All of my other bras in that size fit, however. If you've had the same bra for years, it may be time to get a new one. Also, if you gain or lose weight ... you may need a new bra.

• its annoying! My breast sag, and I thought that getting a better bra would work, but its like a rip off!

• Hmm...I don't have big breasts, but some of my friends do. There are execises you can do that make the pectoral muscles stronger. It won't help the actual breast, but it will firm up the muscles that hold them up. The only one I know off the top of my head is bouncing a basketball or similar ball off of a wall, with one in each hand. I'm sure there are others, google it :)