Wearing heels on a daily basis?

I want to start wearing heels more, like not just on special occasions because I feel like they might make me look a little older.

The thing is, I don't exactly know how to pair heels with every day casual outfits without looking overdressed. If someone could give me some tips on how to wear heels without looking overdressed it'd be great. Links would be helpful too :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I practically live in heels! It depends on what type of heel you are wearing; this is dependant on the season.

Fall: Bootie heels: link

-You can practically pair these with anything. You could pair them with jeans and a nice top or a t-shirt with a cardigan: link . If you want to dress it up, you could wear tights or leggings underneath a dress or skirt or romper: link . You could also wear bootie wedges: link .

Winter: Knee high or over the thigh heels: link . link .

Spring: Cut out heels: link You could also wear spring wedges: link . link .

Summer: You can wear the same wedges. Or wear heels that reveal more skin: link

For all occasions: You can wear pumps: link or kitten heels: link . You can pair them again casually with a pair of jeans and a tee or dress them up for work or a night out.

Fancy dinner, night out to a bar: link and pair them with your favorite little black dress.

You can also choose the different chunkiness of the heels and the height of them. The chunkier and shorter, the more comfortable, but not as stylish compared to thinner and taller heels.

Good Luck :)

• Thanks for BA! :)

What Guys Said 7

• Your feet and legs will suffer over time from it. Recommend not doing it.

• Just remember that high heels are not appropriate for everything. So, don't wear them all the time. And, you don't have to pair them up only with dresses either.

• Hells with leggings won't look overdressed. But our feet will hurt after a while if yu keep it up.

• Sorry if I sound a little emotional when writing this...I don't usually use emotion when writing an answer but I can't help it sometimes.

I just recently started talking to my former best girl "friend". Why? well it's a long story and if you want to know about it just ask but anyway...all I've been thinking about is the memories that make me think of her. She was 22 when we met and I was only 20. We used to hang out almost every day and every time we went out, she would always bring a change of shoes. We typically would go bowling but before bowling we would go to dinner. Which was usually something along the lines of Applebees or...something really fancy. She had the money for it, so she treated me to it. When she left the restaurant to go bowl, she changed out of her heels and into something a little more "comfy" I guess you could say. However, I never really saw in her anything other than jeans. Jeans go well with heels, it just depends on the type of jeans they are (if you're going to wear jeans and you have good "assets" up top then you should wear something a little more low cut.) that way you don't come off as a prude or whatever. It doesn't have to be jeans though...I'm just saying, it depends on where you're going to be

Again, I apologize. I realllllllly miss her

• By the way, the only reason why heels with a dress or skirt are glamorized is because not only are you showing off your legs by not covering up, but then you're making them look longer and sometimes even more toned. That's why that "look" is glamorized. Like I said, it doesn't HAVE to be skirts/dresses it can be jeans too

• It's really really bad for your back and feet to wear high heels all the time ...

• idk how to answer those , but I have heard that its not good for you to wear heels too much .

• you could try wedges

What Girls Said 8

• A thicker heel for daily, casual or business outfits. Pin heels for parties.

• i admire girls who do it but I'm not on that level yet lol

pumps with jeans

link

• you'll ruin your feet,and legs in general. wear them maybe 2-3 times a week,and you can wear them with pretty much anything,except something like a hoodie

• I'd stick to wedges and thicker heels for during the day because they are more casual and more comfortable also try to stay away from patent black or deep red heels because they tend to look the most dressy. I recommend dress how you would normally dress but with a pair of heels (I suggest staying away from tight short shorts and tight mini skirts because with heels they can look slutty) for example wear a pair of skinny jeans, tank top, long cardigan with 3 inch wedge ankle boots. I've been wearing heels since I was 14-15 and I just dress similar to others but I just have heels on at first wearing them you feel overdressed and people seem to get a little weird about girls in heels but just dress how you feel comfortable and in what you think looks nice and you'll be fine :)

• you can wear them with skinny jeans and pumps

or high heeled boots tucked in jeans

• Use neutral or earthy colors - browns, nudes, pastels, etc - avoid super bold or black colors because they tend to look more dressy. Thicker heels or wedges if you're wearing dresses/skirts/shorts, but I think stillettos can still look casual with jeans. If you're shorter, you won't look as dressed up at a tall chick, imo. In winter it's easy cos boots are easy to dress down, etc.

Here are some cute links (hard to give without knowing what your style is like):

Sundress: link link link link

Jeans: link link link link link

Winter: link link link

Just make sure you get comfy heels :)

• It is bad for your health but stick to wedges or kitten heels. And it still looks like you're trying too hard sometimes

• Wow I feel sorry for your feet.