Anyone else hate the pressure of being the pretty one?

i have 1 sis. she's 21 and I'm 17. she's really smart and went to an ivy league college but she's not attractive. I'm pretty and hot and have a lot of pressure put on me by my fam. my mom is always like oh look at my daughter she's so gorgeous and she'll be an actress one day and stuff like that. I wanna be an actress Because I love acting but it's just so much pressure. and my friends are always like oh jenny's the pretty one of the group and make me get guys numbers for them and stuff. know what I mean?

Most Helpful Guy

• Why the hell did you even mention your sister? Literally the only reason I can tell is to call her ugly, since you didn't say anything about her after that and just talked about how your family pressures you to be an actress. By the way, having the looks to get most guys to do anything for you and trying to pass it off as "pressure" isn't gonna get much sympathy from anyone. I should also mention that if your sis IS as unattractive as you say she, then she probably had 10x the pressure you'll ever have since she can't use looks as a fallback for success in life.

• i mentioned her because she's the smart one nd I'm the pretty one nd you know how it goes when you have 2 sisters one smart nd one pretty. nd to show that I get pressured more because she's not pretty. nd I mentioned my friends, how they pressure me to get guys for them because I'm prettier than them.

• No I don't know how it goes when one sister's pretty and the others' smart so why don't you enlighten me? Unless you're trying to tell me you're dumb as rocks, you still have a natural advantage in life over her. Your friends have you get guys attention (confidence boost for you) for their own benefit every once in a while. Cry me a river.

• LOL ^ Justin timberlake<3

What Guys Said 8

• Where is the pressure exactly? Pursuing acting? Getting guys numbers? :S

Let me tell you something; I don't know if you are pretty or not, but I sure can tell how shallow you are. Your parents' opinions about you are skewed, because you are their unfortunate issue.

My advice to you: Go read some books, get a high school diploma, try to look at the world for a wider perspective, and most importantly, STOP thinking that you are perfect. Beauty is an abstract. You can't say you are pretty, just because a couple of people told you so.

I hope this helps.. -.-

• Its not pressure, I know from first hand experience that good looks makes things easier. Easier to make friends (people approach you more), easier to get dates (girls are willing to initiate), higher self-esteem usually. Its a blessing, be happy. The only pressure is to not let your looks define you. I think that is why I tried hard in school and in sports. Because growing up I did not want people to think "hey that guy is a typical pretty boy, weak and stupid."

That was when I was younger though, I could give **** what people think of me now. Though I have high standards of myself and being a good person is one of them.

• that must be tough. God deals us the hands, and we have to play them. you got lucky in the gene pool, but that doesn't mean you aren't as intelligent as your sister. Sometimes it takes a hard hit at the bottom for us to really learn andthen we realize... looks, fashion, all that bullsh*t it's all superficial anyways and we just have to live and keep pushing forward.

• Ye being the pretty one sounds so bad. People actually give a sh*t about you and everyone wants your friendship. Ye that sucks for real.

• it does I mean there's so much drama nd everyone wants your attention all the time. it wipes me out.

• Ye but if you want to be an actress you have to love drama :o)

and you also have to enjoy being the center of attention.

• Idk what you mean ...

• Nope. I have the life of an ugly one. You might think it sucks, but you're lucky. Cherish it.

• You're the one that puts that pressure on yourself... If you don't want to compete, you don't have to.

• wow . that is kinda like me .

Teachers call me that you are an actor , my friends tell me this guy is gonna be an actor , my mom says that I should act ... my sister tells me to act . I kinda like to act but I don't know to dance .

If you wanna deal with it , stay quiet . Never talk much , have only a few friends so they don't get all over ... don't brag about your beauty.

• @ Question Asker : You are going nowhere .. sorry babe . remember my words .

Your attitude is just pathetic .

What Girls Said 9

• Everyone has pressure, in different parts of our lives and to different degrees depending on the person. It's really not unique. Can't you see that your sister too could be experiencing something very similar? "Oh, look at my intelligent daughter, she's so smart she'll be a surgeon/lawyer someday!" <---that's pressure too, and it's quite possible she's under it. In the end, we each have to find effective ways of dealing with the pressure placed on us.

• Yeah, I totes know what you mean. Life is so tough being prettier than my ugly sisters who have nothing but intelligence and education. I mean, 'sif that gets you anywhere anyway? *sigh* I wish I was ugly and smart, so life was easier.

-_-

But no. I'm the less attractive one out of my sisters, but the only one pursuing university education and I have more pressure on me than my sisters. My parents expect more of me and give me less, because they know I can handle and take care of myself. My sisters are absolutely stunning, but they think the same of me. I guess that's the difference. By the way, it's clear your sister got the smarts. Your grammar and spelling sucks.

• everybody gets pressured by their parents,your sister probably got pressured about school,you just got the best way of being pressured-''all you got to do is sit there,look great and make them horny'' (that's from a song,please don't make people horny,you're too young for that.)

• i bet your sis has a lot of pressure too. if she went to an ivy league school I bet your parents were hard on her in high school and pressure her to be a doctor or lawyer or something. I don't see why being told you're pretty is a bad thing. most girls don't hear it often enough, be happy you hear it all the time.

• Being pretty comes naturally and to be honest you haven't worked for it at all, being in an ivy league school is definitely something to brag about, since she got there through working hard. Looks fade, so don't get too cocky.

• My brother is just as attractive as me so not really. But people will tell you not to complain about it, you're lucky and all that but when men treat you like that is all you have to offer it sucks. I don't know.

• i would love to have those "problems" like you have...

• Your sister went to an Ivey league school? Wow, that's a very Impressive achievement.

• You are not that pretty and your sister is more attractive than you think. You have a lot of ugliness on the inside, work on that.

• haha how can you say that when you don't know what me or my sis look like?

• You are not that pretty and a lot of users on here agreed from that one question a few months ago. The amount of boyfriends has nothing to do with beauty and that actually means you are unstable. They've told you you're pretty because you fix yourself and you have confidence but you are not really pretty and far from beautiful. What's sad is that your sister has come to accept this behavior and she really isn't that ugly.

• If you are talking about Red_Raconteur (think that's how it's spelled) she is bloody gorgeous.