How is it possible to be the tallest and widest person in my family?

I'm the tallest and the widest person of all of my family, this includes all of my uncles, grandparents and my father. I always thought my wide shoulder and height was passed from my father. But today when we were shopping for suits. I realized, I am 4 sizes wider then my dad (44R on shoulders me and 40R my father) and almost three inches taller. I'm kinda curious how is this possible? I have their genes. I'm not sure if I am the widest of all my family but I do know that I'm the tallest.

can you also relate to this? Do you have something specific that no one in your family has it?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd say it's more likely that they're not your family.

Have you considered that you might be adopted? Or your mother had an affair? Or there was an incident at the hospital and you were mistakenly sent home with the wrong family?

Look into it. You may find that you wind up kicking yourself for not noticing this before.

What Girls Said 3

• STEROIDS.

Nah, I don't know. I'm the tallest girl in my family (and I have a huge ass family). *shrugs*

• you must have had a lot of milk growing up

• maybe your father is not your father? maybe your mother had an one night stand?

What Guys Said 2

• how old is your dad ? their bones start to shrink once they get older :/

• I can. While I'm not the tallest I am 6'3". My fathers side of the family seem to be tall, but of my immediate family I am the broadest big shoulders/frame which comes from my mother's side of the family I suppose. My mother is not large framed so to speak, but some people in her family are. So my 2 brothers are kind of lanky and tall while I'm large framed and tall. =P My younger brother has an inch in height on me and my older brother has 2 inches in height on me though.

• Also if you do not see genes on either side going back several generations you might want to look into this link