Should I "dress up" even if she winds up not to?

I'm going to a Christmas party on the 2nd. I know, kind of early, but that's when they can do it. So, I kind of have a "date". I offered her a ride, but ever since then she's sort of acted like it's a date, asking me if I want to r.s.v.p. as "the both of us" coming. She's a tomboy and I've never seen her in anything other than jeans. The party is only casual so it wouldn't be like she has to but..she joked that she'd "wear a dress" for our "date". I told her it would make sense since I drive a Lexus and that we'd be "ridin' in style, while lookin' in style". So, whether she does or not, should I go ahead and "dress up", myself..or should I just stick to casual, jeans and a T

Also, if I do decide to "dress up", any suggestions?

Most Helpful Guy

• Dress up! If she isn't when you go pick her up then you can say (jokingly) "Oh man! I thought we were dressing up you jerk! Now I look try hard. ;p"

If you're lucky she'll jump out and go put on a smoking dress. Added bonus is she'll probably let you in her house which will make bringing you back to her place later in the night not such a big deal (because you've been in there alrady in a non sexual context).

If she doesn't change, then at least YOU'll look super dapper. And you get to banter all night about how she played you into dressing Bond.

What Girls Said 2

• If you don't want to feel overdressed, then I'd say dress nicer than casual, but not super shnazzy. lol Just dress pants and a button up shirt. It doesn't have to be a suit or tux or anything. If you hear that she will be dressing up or that anyone else will be, then go ahead :) and if you want to really play it safe, you can always stash a tux in the trunk... lol

• what is everyone else wearing? I know you said casual but what is casual? not jeans and a t shirt right? I would wear something business casual, you don't have to match hers

What Guys Said 2

• If the party is casual, wear good jeans, an untucked, fitted shirt (a shirt. Not a t-shirt. Something that has buttons down the front and at the cuffs) and non-sneakers.

• Suit up!

Better yet, Tux Up!