Should I "dress up" even if she winds up not to?

I'm going to a Christmas party on the 2nd. I know, kind of early, but that's when they can do it. So, I kind of have a "date". I offered her a ride, but ever since then she's sort of acted like it's a date, asking me if I want to r.s.v.p. as "the both of us" coming. She's a tomboy and I've never seen her in anything other than jeans. The party is only casual so it wouldn't be like she has to but..she joked that she'd "wear a dress" for our "date". I told her it would make sense since I drive a Lexus and that we'd be "ridin' in style, while lookin' in style". So, whether she does or not, should I go ahead and "dress up", myself..or should I just stick to casual, jeans and a T

Updates:
Also, if I do decide to "dress up", any suggestions?

0|0
2|3

Most Helpful Guy

• Dress up! If she isn't when you go pick her up then you can say (jokingly) "Oh man! I thought we were dressing up you jerk! Now I look try hard. ;p"

If you're lucky she'll jump out and go put on a smoking dress. Added bonus is she'll probably let you in her house which will make bringing you back to her place later in the night not such a big deal (because you've been in there alrady in a non sexual context).

If she doesn't change, then at least YOU'll look super dapper. And you get to banter all night about how she played you into dressing Bond.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• If you don't want to feel overdressed, then I'd say dress nicer than casual, but not super shnazzy. lol Just dress pants and a button up shirt. It doesn't have to be a suit or tux or anything. If you hear that she will be dressing up or that anyone else will be, then go ahead :) and if you want to really play it safe, you can always stash a tux in the trunk... lol

0|0
    0|0
  • what is everyone else wearing? I know you said casual but what is casual? not jeans and a t shirt right? I would wear something business casual, you don't have to match hers

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• If the party is casual, wear good jeans, an untucked, fitted shirt (a shirt. Not a t-shirt. Something that has buttons down the front and at the cuffs) and non-sneakers.

0|0
    0|0
  • Suit up!

Better yet, Tux Up!

0|0
    0|0