How do you care for your hair?

How often do you wash it, and what types of shampoos and conditioners do you use? Do you blow dry it? Do you curl or straighten it? Do you use any other products? How often do you cut and trim it?

Personally I wash my hair about every other day. I use sulfate free volumizing shampoo (Nature's Gate Awapuhi Shampoo) and intense repair conditioner. My hair is very fine so it gets limp easily and also breaks a lot. Sometimes I put olive oil on the ends before shampooing. I never blow dry, straighten or curl it.

Most Helpful Girl

• I wash my hair everyday. I know this is really bad for my hair, but it smells bad just after one day (like burnt hair), so I have to wash it everyday. For shampoos, I alternate between Cynthia Syliva Stout: link and Curly Wurly: link since I have fluffy, curly hair. And for the conditioner, I alternate between Retread: link and American Cream: link . For days when I don't have time to shampoo and condition, I will use the Godiva Solid Shampoo Bar: link . It is a 2 in 1 so it saves me a bunch of time! And for the days that I don't feel like washing my hair, I'll tie it up in a bun.

I never blow dry my hair, even in the winter time. I only air dry it because the hair dryer always makes my hair even frizzer and fluffier than it already is. :(

I only straighten my hair for special events. I don't curl my hair since my hair already is curly. Lol.

Every time after I shower, I apply a leave in hair treatment called R&B: link . Every 2-3 weeks I'll deep condition with Hair Doctor: link . Sometimes I'll use It's Raining Men Shower Gel: link when I'm too lazy to wash myself with different products (shampoo, conditioner, and soap). Sometimes I'll use Tigi S factor Serious Conditioner: link .

I usually get it trimmed and thinned out every 3-4 months.

I have used other hair brands, but I find that Lush products work best for my hair since the organic oils help with my curly hair. I find that drugstore products tend to dry my hair out more. I like how Lush products are organic and contain no preservatives and are all made by hand! :) But the down side is that they cost a lot, but a little goes a long way.

What Guys Said 2

• I use Dove moisturizer shampoo and conditioner. My hair gets damaged quite easily, so I always need moisture. And living in Arizona, the area is very dry. I also blow dry my hair and straighten it. Everyone thought it was stupid at first, but it actually looks good when a man takes care of his hair. Much better than a greasy gel look. Oh for gel, I use Axe messy look.

• I wash it like twice a week with shampoo and conditioner. That's about it.

What Girls Said 9

• I wash it everyday. I use Herbal Essences, Aussie, Big & Sexy, and Tresemme. Never use the same one over a long period of time. It wears down your hair. I hardly EVER blow dry it, but when I do, I still leave it a little damp. Sometimes I use Loreal, but mostly just the detangling spray. I have very long brown hair and not to blow my horn but a lot of people are fascinated by "how beautiful it is" and especially how long it is. It reaches down halfway past my butt xD and I usually trim it 1/2 an inch every 2 months. Mostly just to get the split ends off. I do want to try the more "natural" poos and conditioners but I'm too lazy to spend $12 on one bottle of it. I don't really straighten it or curl it but when I do, it's usually professionally done. And I straighten the ends towards the end of the 2 months because they tend to get scraggly. The straightener helps to "refine" them

• I don't always use that one (I have also heard that it's bad to use the same one for too long) but it's my favorite. By the way, most of the natural shampoos I buy are under $10 a bottle.

• Lucky you! Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places for them. My favorite of the ones I listed are Big & Sexy. I just love the way it smells and it feels like it keep my hair the smoothest all day long

• It probably depends on the brands and where you buy them. If you're looking at fancy salon shampoos, those will be expensive whether or not they're natural. I get Nature's Gate, Shikai, or Burt's Bees at regular grocery stores and pharmacies, or natural foods stores.

• I wash my hair at night using the loose curls, medium texture products: link and let it air dry, and in the morning I curl the top layer of my hair.

• I try to wash it every two weeks. This month, I had to go three weeks because I've been so busy with school. I'm definitely gonna wash it this weekend. I'm currently using Desert Essence Coconut Shampoo and Conditioner.

I'm trying not to blow dry my hair because it can really damage it. Last time I washed my hair, I did not blow dry it. I always use EVCO with a spritz of water in my hair to keep it moisturized. I haven't trimmed my hair since I went natural, and that was like two years ago.

• I have curly hair and shmpoo+condition it once a week..sometimes I blow dry and shampoo but that breaks it so I try to do it once a month...

• I wash my hair about 3-4 times a week..

I use Sunsilk shampoo and conditioner.. link

I blow dry my hair.. Or air dry it.. But that takes forever..

I don't straighten it all that much. I curl my hair sometimes, when I feel like doing it..

I use coconut oil for my hair before I shower - Leave it on for 30-45 minutes.. Rinse and wash.

• I wash my hair about every other day and sometimes every day, which is bad lol. I use Garnier Fructis the pure clean kind. I don't usually blow dry it. I do straighten and curl it. I use Chi heat protector, and the little kid tangle spray stuff lol. I get it trimmed every three months.

• Wash it once a week and every other week with shampoo

• I shmpoo once a week and condition every 3 days esp in the summer.then I oil my scalp

• My hair was super damaged and now it's getting healthy again.

I wash it once a week with tea tree hydrating shampoo and use Redkin conditioner and then Bio Lage conditioner... My hair products are like $17 each. I don't curl or straighten it anymore. I will use Chi Straight Guard if I want my hair to dry generally straight or Tresemme Mousse to make it wavy/curly.

I also use John Freida heat damage serum, Bio Silk serum, It's a 10 Leave-in Conditioner and Chi Silk Infusion after I get out of the shower. Those were all like $9-20/each...

I get my hair trimmed every 6 months.

• I wash my hair once a week with shampoo. I condition in 3x a week though.