How much do insults against your appearance offend you?

Lots of guys, and girls get very upset at insults against there appearance such as ugly, do you?

Most Helpful Girl

• I would be offended especially if it were a guy calling me ugly behind my back, and another guy friend telling me what they said. Its happened before and my self-esteem drops by a kilometre. But at least I know I'm not ugly enough on the inside to call nice people ugly.

What Girls Said 15

• It matters to me, I'm a teenager with raging hormones and I'm not super confident in myself. I'm not going to lash out at anyone, but since I'm not really noticed for anything good or bad, I just tend to involuntarily carry it with me for long, long times.

• Honestly, it depends on who says it. If it's comming from someone who isn't close to me, I can easily brush it off. But if it's comming from a family member (ie. my brother) it stings a bit. It's not something that I get too up set over anymore though.

• Of course it affects me... doesn't mean I necessarily show it. I had this dude who called my fat and was being a jerk altogether, but I totally just laughed it of and made him look like a fool; however, it did really hurt me. I try and be the girl who is strong and can handle anything. Insults definitely affect me whether I show it or not... great question though! How about you?

• when someone straight up tells you you're unattractive than that's is a bitch slap and a half. personally I will feel pissed off but that anger will only make me try harder to be myself and not be someone who will change because of an insult:]

• No, I wonder why you have to insult me but don't take it all to heart, they obvioulsy have a problem with themselves.

link

• Online, I don't care at all.

In real life is when I tend to start feeling bad about myself. Though luckily I don't get insulted very often. Most people I'm around are pretty nice.

• Depends on how I am feeling when it is said to me. If I feel good I could care less, but if I am in one of those moods, it can hurt.

• ugly doesn't other as much as the word fat. I have never really been called ugly before so if someone did call me that now, I really wouldn't care. But attacks on my body are kind of hard to get over. Whether you are fat, bald headed or have saggy titties, when someone points it out it hurts. male or female

• Doesn't offend me at all.

• They usually don't get to me. it also depends on who says it.. if its someone I love, it hurts. if its just a classmate or a rival, screw them haha...dont care what they think of me

• nope. not at all. I own a mirror and therefore can see that I'm GORGEOUS!

• They don't get to me, I have enough worries I am not gonna let my apperance get to me.

• Very much,because as human being we tend to judge our looks based on people opinion about us...

• Yes it offends me because that's an insult.

• very much. I mean I can't help the way I look, I was born with this face

What Guys Said 7

• Insults against my appearance don't hurt me one bit. I actually need a good laugh sometimes, and that will about make me laugh the hardest lol.

• It depends on who is telling me. If it's my boss, I take it as advice. If it's a stranger or an acquaintance, it depends on their appearance. If they dress like a hipster, idiot, or a starving artist, then I laugh it off. If they are really attractive, it might bother me. If it were someone like George Clooney or the ghost of Steve Jobs, I would be really upset.

• I don't think so it would offend me at all. because I know, where I stand.

If it is my very close friend, I would take it as, he wants me to do something with my appearance, and I would take it as advice no insult.

• Not one bit, I'll probably agree with them.

• on a scale of one to ten? 0

• just a bit when others are around and they get too specific

• Yeah I'm sure it would hurt if it was unexpected. If I knowingly dressed like a slob then I derserve the insults. It's never really happened before in my life, but then again I don't get compliments either ,I'm average. If it is something changeable (weight, clothes) then it wouldn't hurt as bad as someone insulting something unchangeable (height or natural physical features)