Is it okay to spend 200$ on a winter jacket?

do you think it's okay to spend 200$ on a moncler winter jacket? I mean I would wear it a few years of course but actually it is 200$

Most Helpful Girl

• If you have it, you can. Make sure it is worth it though. By that I mean, shop around & get the best deal. Don't buy something just because you "love" it. Buy it because it's nice & it will look just as good next year as it does this year. Only folks with lots of $$$ can buy many coats year after year. Functional: make sure it is functional, warm, holds up in the weather, and does not have to be dry cleaned. Practical: does it go with everything you have? Or just about everything.

Then go for it!

What Guys Said 13

• I think it's alright if you're certain you'll be able to wear it a few years. I've also spend pretty much on a new winter coat and it's very comfortable and it fits very well. It's a delight to wear and it's the kind of quality that will last for many years to come.

• Personally I don't think I would. It depends on A) why you want it, B) the intensity of the elements you're dealing with and C) whether or not it a legitimate, good quality jacket or something fancy that has a large price because it "can".

• yea if its your own money and you really like it. I like that company. I would check for discounts or see if you can find it cheaper on ebay before you get it in a store.

• It's okay if you have the money, but you should shop around. The Moncler look is often duplicated for under $100. If you want the Monclear name then it is a great deal. I think they look like something the Michelin man would wear, but I am sure some hot model makes them look great. If you are smoking hot and thin and look good in the jacket, then okay. If you are a little round in the middle, hello Michelin girl.

• i would say get it if you can afford it, especially if it will last a few years like maybe 3 possibly 4 years. then get it winter stuff is worth the investment.

• I don't think I ever would tbh. There are plenty of other jackets that can keep me just as warm that don't sacrifice looks whatsoever. Probably the most I would ever spend is $100, and for something like this link . I kind of feel it's just a splurge, but that's just my opinion.

• Just a few years? I have coats I purchased a decade a go. I have a leather jacket I purchased over 16 years ago.

• Whatever floats your boat

• As long as it's not effected your budget(Rent,school fees,etc) then it's okay.

• if its your money and you're okay with it then there's no problem

• no. wait till black Friday jack weasel

• 200 for a moncler jacket? I didn't even know they went that low. Are you sure it's legit?

• it`s a swiss site link I hope they sell no fakes but I think the site looks professional

• damn probably it is really a fake I didn`t know there were so many sites which sell these fake jackets :O

• No way.

What Girls Said 22

• Totally! I spent money on a $350 coat, 3 years ago that still looks brand new.

Its OK, to treat yourself to expensive things every once in a while.

• Yes, because you mentioned that you are going to be wearing it for a few years. It's okay, I spend $375 on mine: link

I'm planning to wear it for many years from now. As you can see, I need a parka cause I live in Canada. Lol.

• Jackets, bags, sunglasses, and other things you'll wear for a long time and get good use out of are worth the money. I've had a coach bag that's lasted 6 years, it was totally worth the $250. I've had some Chanel sunglasses for about 4 1/2 years, totally worth $300. Both of my winter coat's (one casual one nicer for work and stuff) were about $200, I still have them, totally worth it. It's not worth $200 for a T-shirt or something that you won't use almost everyday.

• I say, buy it only if you know you're going to keep it for a few years at least, and if it's not just to make a fashion statement.

• If you have the money. Budgeting kinda comes down to what you have to sacrifice vs. what you're getting. A coat lasts 5 or more years once you become an adult, though ... so its a good investment.

• 200$ on a jacket?

id say you've scored yourself quite a deal.

here, in canada, I think it safe to say that an atheletic winter coat is in the 200-400$ range, and a more fashionista coat is in the 200-600$, depending on the brand.

so yeah. you've definitely got a deal.

• First off if you have the money, go for it. It better be a good jacket that it costs so much, most of my coats are around $180-200 price range and they are great coats that last me more than a year. But if you won't wear it often don't waste your money on a jacket.

• Yes it's OK. If it looks good and fits you and you love it. absolutely get the jacket

• If it is good quality and looks good the go for it ^_^

• I think that's about the average price of a winter coat. Winter coats are so expensive because of the bulk material and the fact that you're supposed to wear them for years and years.

• Pay for QUALITY... that's all I pay for so if it is a well made jacket why not? If it's cheap polyester with a designer name on it DON'T..

• If you love this jacket and it's just what you've been looking for, then I would say get it before it's gone! =)

• YES! I bought mine two years ago, and it was one of the best decisions (as far as shopping goes) that I have made. If its good quality, it can last a long time, and be a chic staple you can always fall back on.

• i wouldn't,but if you have the money and the quality is good-sure.

• If you have the $ for it then I don't think it's a bad idea- it's a jacket not something you're never going to use

• Only if it is perfectly right for the price it is and you absolutely love it.

• Chop a 0 off and that's how much I paid for mine.

• Of course! It's obviously priced that way for a reason!not sure about the brand... Id rather just throw $250 on a Nike or north face coat

• If you can afford it, then sure.

• if it's reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally warm then yeah

• If you like it, keeps you warm, and have the money, why not?

• yupp, it's okay. a winter jacket should have good quality and Moncler jackets are awesome *.*