Would you rather live in a world where looks didn't matter or in one where everyone was good looking?

I'd rather live in one where everyone is good looking cause I really enjoy looking at beautiful girls and I wouldn't wanna give that up.

Plus if we were all good looking, looks wouldn't matter in a way cause good looking would be the norm and looks really wuldnt be an issue.

What about you?

• Looks don't matter
  • Everyone is good looking
  • See results

Most Helpful Girl

• A and B seem to be the same option to me then. I'd chose any world where no one cares about looks.

• they're pretty different but the same in a way yet still not equal.

cause in the second, looks do matter and whoever you're with, you're attracted to.

• they just aren't a problem, it doesn't make them irrelevant.

• Oh, okay. Well I guess I choose everyone being good-looking then.

What Girls Said 29

• ok well I said everyone is good-looking for this reason. we are all human so naturally, looks will always matter even if we want to pretend they don't. so I would prefer the world where everyone is good-looking. so then no one has to be insecure or worry about how they look.

• If everyone was diverse and there was variety then choice B. No one wants a unit of Barbies and Kens to choose from, but then again your question doesn't say everyone in choice B looked alike.

I'd just pray the standard was set up by me haha

• I voted A, but my question regarding option B is this. Good looking according to who? I'm not really interested in a world of Brad Pit-ish looking guys, but I'm sure a lot of girls would think the opposite.

• I agree. There's nothing special about Brad Pitt, at least not to me.

• Well that's no fun! Haha

• haha why not?

• looks don't matter. if everyone was good looking by our standards now, then standards would just change to be even more selective.

• A down arrow because you touched on a damn sad reality.

Good comment.

Bad thought.

• SwimmerGuy, unless everyone literally looked exactly the same, that wouldn't work.

• Good looking world, I guess. Depending on who's standards we were going by. I'd prefer a world where everyone was still different, but just generally good looking. I like visually appealing things. :x

• I think I like the world where looks didn't matter because then you can search within a persons true beauty.

• you would say some cheesy sh*t like that...

no jk haha

inner beauty is already more important.

• Neither, because both are terribly unreasonable and unrealistic. Looks should matter because you aren't going to want to look at a person who you don't find attractive one bit, that's not fair for that person or yourself. Everyone looking good is just silly, there HAS to be a balance, there has to be a pretty one and an ugly duckling, everyone looking good would make people more and more self-conscience and too focused on the outside. Besides, what looks good to you might not look good to someone else, it's all about personal preference. I think people should live the way they want.

• everyone is good looking. lets face it, looking at people who aren't attractive is... disturbing. I mean those people who could make better choices as to what they wear depending on their weight, or what they do to their face. and if everyone was good looking there wouldn't be anymore differentiating and feeling bad about yourself for not being attractive. and everyone likes a pretty face (:

• Either way it would mean looks wouldn't be important. But everyone being good looking would be great!

• Well if it's physically attractive, I rather go to the one where looks doesn't matter because it's the beauty within that makes the world beautiful, if you have a friend whose pimply lost a tooth or whatever, you can still see them glowing with beauty if they are nice

• if everyone was good looking then it would be boring because everyone would have the same characteristics. I would rather that looks didn't matter so that everyone coud be super unique and interesting.

• i didn't say that they'd all look the same.

• well if everyone was perfect looking then they would have all the same traits and therefore they would look semi the same. there wouldn't be anything unique about them.

• not really, there's a lot of different traits that all look good.

like a pretty Asian girl compared to a pretty black girl, they're very different, but they can both be very pretty.

• everyone is already good looking, silly! But, in their own ways! <33

• I'd rather have everyone be good looking. Being physically attracted to someone adds an important element to dating/relationships.

• if all looking good, then nobody is looking good nor "bad", because no measure is there.

• Obviously, but if looks didn't matter at all (i.e., there was no physical attraction), it would detract from the relationship. Our personalities aren't what make us attractive to people when they don't know us - it's our appearance. If our appearance no longer matters, that entire dynamic is eliminated from dating/relationships.

• yup yup, what she said.

• I think that I would rather live in a world where looks don't matter because I want someone to someday like me for me and not my looks. I wouldn't want to be "just another pretty face".

• You do realize the two worlds aren't necessarily mutually exclusive?

Though if we presume they are, then I wouldn't want to live in a world where looks didn't matter. That would include disabling a big part of human observatory abilities, changing the attraction laws which would put physical attraction on on the back of the row. This could cause a big change in human perception on sex and crushes (superficial initial attraction). I know there are bad parts when it comes to these, but considering the good ones that make our personalities adjusted to it, overcoming it and learning what to consider, we grow as humans. Different in this case is not necessarily better.

• I would rather live in a world where looks didn't matter because then it would be easier to figure out what the relationship is about

• Each option sort of makes the other unnecessary, so either would be good.

• one where everyone was good looking

• I say A

• if everyone was good looking you could just concentrate on being an amazing person

• That is an awesome question!

• Where everybody was good looking.

• Definitely where looks don't matter because somewhere where everyone is good looking sounds redundant because "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" so, in neither of the worlds worlds would pretty or ugly even exist we would just be.

• I think personality... makes the world colorful and bright and interesting.. What would like be like if everyone was the same old personality...

• Looks reflect genetics, so I don't think they would ever not matter.

• Everyone is good looking! Hellz yeah. balls to the wall muthaf***a

• I would live in a world where looks don't matter, because everyone in a world being good looking, as compared to the current world, only raises the bar on attractiveness. People would still be insecure and chasing the "best" looking people, based on the new standards of attractiveness.

• 2ND option

• they're both the same. I mean in either scenario looks don't factor in. so I'm going to say where everyone is good looking.

• they do matter in the world where every one is good looking.

just not as much as they do now.

What Guys Said 20

• Hmmm...Picking A assumes there will be ugly people...I guess I will have to pick B,because it seems better in my opinion.Since everyone looks good,then everyone is a 10/10 and in turn looks won't matter...as long as everyone stays being seen as goodlooking that is.

• id rather live in a world where everyone was good looking. in a way it also means looks don't matter because everyone looks good. plus if anything bad happens (like rejection) you know its not because you aren't good looking (this is assuming everyone is aware of the fact that everyone is good looking).

so basically its like living in a world where looks didn't matter, except everyone just happens to be a pleasure to look at :)

• This reminds of an episode from the Fairly Odd Parents were Timmy wishes everyone was grey, but people were still fighting over who are more grey, so I would have to go with a world where looks don't matter.

• it will be fun if everyone is good looking yeah. But bad look will not like this question. I think good looking has to do with something inside too. bad attitude makes the person look really bad. So, you just have to avoid bad ones inside and out. It's a battle I know. We have to work hard to get rid of those bad apples. They are jealous and they constantly try to make good ones look bad because they are jealousy and if we give it up, then they will pretend good in our clothing. But sometimes, bad looking ones help for good ones to realize he/she is good? I mean bad ones occupying dark world, and if bad ones fail to assassin good ones, then good ones will gain all that freedom of acting that bad ones have been building up I think.

• not to be rude, but is English your first language?

and alright, I see what you mean.

• if you think about it it's actually the same reality for both situtations. if everyone was good looking then looks wouldn't matter because there would be no bad looks in opposition to the good looks.

• well they'd still matter, just not in the same way they do now.

• If you live in a world without beauty you're not truly experiencing the great amazement of life.

I believe the ugly shows just how amazing beauty is and the uglier a person is the more amazing and breathtaking the beauty becomes. Whether it be art, people, or ideas.

• Kinda the same thing I'd think. If everyone was good looking I think no one would care about looks then and they wouldn't matter.

But I guess in the end where it doesn't matter is best. Frees a lot of stress up for everyone and people can focus on what's more important, personality.

• indeed, and I just thought of this, what if there were an accident? and someone's face got f***ed up?

then they'd be one of the very rare ugly people and no one would want them...

• Looks are so subjective. Whose taste are we gonna base the world on? Some people find Angeline Jolie gorgeous, but if I wanna see walking skeletons I'd rather watch the Nightmare before Christmas...

• lolol I feel the same way as you!

well I should have thought of this already but say we all had the same taste.

• at times I would love to live in a world like that but then again I would be what you call an "alpha" male to a lot of people but when I get rejected it sucks and want that type of a world

• everyone is good-looking so it is easy for all of us, none of us would struggle

• Everyone is good looking would be an awesome world if every girl was hot. Same for the girl perspective.

• Both of those situations have the affect to an extent. However beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and that could cause conflict in choice B, so I choose choice A.

• Well if everyone was good looking there would be no way to tell what's bad or good. I would say the first option then, where looks really didn't matter at all.

• Actually it's 50/50 because if everyone was good looking then it wouldn't matter because there would be nobody to be stuck in the minority. And "good looking" would be a concept that would cease to exist. Looks wouldn't matter.

• whats the difference

• looks do matter in the second one but not in the same way they do now.

• no if everyone is good looking then no one will be judged by their looks since they will all be par forcing people to judge others based on something deeper than looks making good looks obsolete so basically they won't matter

• good point but they'd still matter cause if someone's face got f***ed up, they'd be considered hideous, repulsing. no one would want them.

whereas in the other world, it wouldn't matter at all.

• i don't wanna give up my sexyness

• It's the same thing. If looks don't matter, then everyone is equally good looking, and if everyone is good looking, then looks don't matter.

• C'mon now were all shallow.

• haha so?

what's your point?

• Thanks bro.

• that's superficial, not shallow.

yeah we're all superficial but shallow would be like, you won't go out with a person who isn't good looking enough for you.

• The lot will give the right answer. So we have to throw a coin in the air, looking on which side it falling down. By the next we can give the right answer.

• I would rather live in a world where everyone is good looking. Unfortunately, people would likely still have prefence of hair color, face shape, body type...etc.

So, unless we are all good looking and exact replicas of each other, people would still make decisions based on looks.

Now the preferences will be on hair color, and it would cause the same problems as now. And therefore people will not choose based soley on personality.

If you want to live in this world, just move to Buenos Aires, Argentina!

• haha don't tell me everyone there is good looking.

• I have been to Buenos Aires two times. And pretty much everyone there was good looking. I went to a large popular mall and I felt like I was in a modeling commercial.

• daaam, I wanna go!