Girls and nails...what's the big deal?

I've never had my nails or toes done at a nail salon. I was afraid of it for a while but now it seems pointless to me. What does it mean to you when you go and get your nails done?

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't go out to get my nails done either, my mom actually does them for me sometimes. The point in girls to go out and get them done is because it makes them feel good about themselves, feel pretty and all. It's the like the same concept when girls get their hair done. Whenever I leave a hair salon, I feel 100% more confident, and I feel good about myself, prettier - pretty much the same when your nails done.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• I've only had one manicure and 2 pedicures in my life so far, but all three times were just as an excuse for me and my mom to get out of the house and have some girl time together. I really don't care to have my nails done...I'm fine with just painting them really lol.

• Firework344 is exactly right. As far as your statement that it doesn't last very long, I get the gel manicure when I go and that lasts for three-four weeks without chipping. It's fantastic and you really feel like you're getting your money's worth. :D Give it a shot; it's a real confidence booster and you'll feel really pretty afterwards!

• I do my own nails, they're really long and I take good care of them. Never been to a nail salon and from what I've heard, the gels/acrylic is horrible for your nails.

• i generally only get them done if I'm going to a wedding or some big occasion like that. sometimes I go with my little cousin because she likes to be pampered like that. overall, not a big deal to me.