I have an unhealthy obsession with my weight, is anyone else like this?

i have an unhealthy obsession with my weight. I know I'm not fat...but I don't have a perfect body. if I'm not model perfect I'm not happy. I have borderline personality disorder and other problems which makes it very hard to cope with little things like weight and looks, I mean this sounds like STUPID frivolous crap right now, as I sit here calm I know it's dumb how I obsess over my weight and I know it's unhealthy the extent I take it to. but, when I get in one of my moods and snap, I just go crazy and it's all I think about. it hurts knowing how much it effects my life. I'm average size, I want to kick my own ass for being this way (thinking the way I do). I want to stop having to be perfect and just be OK with being me, but there's just something in me that NEEDS to be perfect both visually and when it comes to knowing things. is anyone else like this or am I alone?

What Guys Said 1

• I work out 4 days a week. One can say I have an obsession with my weight too if one looks at how well I maintain it. I have weighed a near constant 150 lbs for almost 10 years straight now. If my wight gets over 155 lbs, then I workout a little more that week and eat very low fat that week to go back to 150. My waist has been a constant 31 inches since I was 15, and now I am 28, and my waist is still a comfortable 31 inches.

I don't think of myself as having an obsession with my weight. I think I just choose to live a healthy lifestyle, and I choose to devote a lot of time to it. I want to look chiseled, so I devote a lot of time to it.

If you really want to look perfect, then you can do that, and you don't have to compromise if you don't want to. Just start spending time at the gym and break a sweat, and you will look perfect in time. And if you adopt a healthy diet you can look perfect if you want to. For example, I never eat anything fried or mayo.

If your weight concerns you, then you can do something about it, and you don't have to compromise.

What Girls Said 1

• I am the exact same way with my body.