I'm thinking of getting a tattoo.

What are your thoughts on tats? I wanna get one on my left hip. How much does it hurt to get one? Is color or black and white better?

Most Helpful Girl

• i have 6 and I don't regret them. just placement maybe cause I could use that spot for something better. but its not something I think about really.

i would just say make sure its something that means something to you and its in a place you like.

as far as deciding black and white or color, just decide which you like better. also, it depends on what the design is. I have some flowers that would look silly black and white, but another one that would look silly in color.

i would just think about it for a while before you get it. 6 months to a year is nothing compared to your lifetime, yanno?

What Guys Said 3

• I initially got red and blue bunnies, but later realized that black would have been more traditional. However, since my bunnies eyes are black, there is no going back. Sometimes I wish they weren't colored, because the colors don't match green shirts. Also, other times I can't beileve I am going to be wearing playboy bunnies for the rest of my life.

link

• Tattooes suck.

• I'm just thinking about it... I've been thinking about it since I was like 16 so will I actually do it... who knows... lol... I just like to hear people's opinions.

• Personaly I don't like big ones ot more then one and it should be out of site. its your bod do what you like.I did see one I liked a lot it was close to her Bush and it was a tiny guy pushing a old time lawnmower it said I love my job lol hehehe it really was sexy and cute. ok white won't show up on a white person very well and back won't shoe on a black person very good eather. and yes they hurt but I'm sure you could handle it just fine Good luck Ray

• Hey learn how to spell.

• I love them.

What Girls Said 8

• black sticks better, many skin types won't hold onto white. color can me nice in moderation. the hip bone is pretty painful. I designed a tattoo that my friend got put on her hip and I never heard her curse so much in my life haha. but she made it through it.

the color of the ink does not affect the pain at all, all inks are created equal. different parts of the body hurt more. people make the mistake of asking someone who has a tattoo on their arm if it hurts, then that person gets a tattoo on their ribs or foot and it'll hurt a whole lot more than what the person with arm tattoo had said. it also depends on the individual, I have a tattoo on my shoulder and it didn't hurt as much as the tattoo I got on my ribs. the pain on my shoulder was hardly worth squirming about. but the tattoo on my ribs, I had to ask the guy to stop sever times, it hurt that much. but I've also heard from people that the shoulder tattoo was a monster, which is a stark contrast to my experience with it.

• Tattoos are beautiful, and as long as you're using them as a way of self-expression and not as a "cool factor," I think you should definitely go for it. As for color or B&W, the choice is up to you. I have both and I think they are equally beautiful. Your hip is going to be a painful place for your tattoo, especially if you are extremely thin, but if that's where you want it, just remember to breathe and think about how gorgeous it will look when the pain is over.

• I have a tattoo and I don't regret it at all. My only suggestion to you is that you make sure your tattoo is something that means something to you and always will. Too often I see people get tattoos I know they will eventually regret. As for for the pain and whether black or color is better, that's all based on opinion. My tattoo is black and I'll be honest, did hurt however, your pain tolerance as well as what kind of look your going for will differ from mine.

• i loveee tattoos! I have 2 myself...

tattoos hurt like...if you have a really really bad sunburn, and someone is scraping it with their fingernail over and over again, hard. it hurts, but its definitely not excruciating. you can handle it.

mine are both black writing, but if you're getting like a flower or something like that, definitely do color...it'll just look better. black and white vs color depends on the design of your tattoo and your personal style.

good luck!

• im a major fan of tattoos, my brother is a tattooist and I have 3 myself, my best advice would be make sure that you get something that you really want, perhaps something that is really meaningful to you because coverup jobs or having something on you that you will end up regretting just isn't fun. whether it hurts or not really depends on your pain tolerance and even your tattooist, I reccomend really researching the tattooist before choosing one. when it comes to colouring its really a personal choice, if you take care of it well your colour won't fade. good luck!

• my friends dad does tattoos he says that it only hurts like poking yourself with a pencil or a pinch

so it shouldnt be that bad apparently the colour hurts more but it looks better with it ^^

• i want one too ! there awesome. but be sure its somethinq you don't look down at 20yrs later & regret it. :)

some of my friends say its not bad the 1st time.. but then the ones after hurt lol

• i personally like black and white because colours do fade with time. I think tattoos are hot