Does it hurt to get a xxx wax?

i hate having hair *down there* and I'm sick of shaving so I just wanna know how much pain I'm in for if do decide to wax. HELP ME OUT GIRLS

p.s. never waxed EVER

Most Helpful Girl

• Waxing down there does hurt like a b*tch to tell you the truth. But it's worth it because it lasts for a really long time, and less likely to cause ingrowns (like shaving). If you're worried about it, take a painkiller before and after. You can also apply a numbing lotion that causes the pain to be less effective. After getting it done a few times, your skin gets used to it, and it doesn't hurt that much anymore. Check out: link for numbing cream that really works, at least for me it did. Good luck, and tell me how it goes if you do choose to get it done! :)

• Thanks for BA! :)

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• I haven't personally tried it...but nair is a very well talked about product.

• It's honestly definitely sort of completely bearable. ;D

It hurts. You're gonna want to be on pain meds, and I'm not kidding. But it's okay. You'll be so happy with it afterward that you won't care. And you'll be super smooth for days afterward, which is always a plus. Sometimes when I have time to kill and I don't want to wax, I pluck. Much less painful, same effect. If you don't like waxing, you could always try that.

• hurts like hell! take a painkiller before you go and don't go before or during your period. it makes you more sensitive.

• It depends on your pain tolerance but I suggest you look on yelp to find a professional that is close to you so that they do a good job. Afterward you are a little shaky but it isn't too bad. I did get one wax but not I laser it off because it is way less painful and takes less time.