How does lightening hair work?

Do I have to bleach my hair first in order to make it lighter? I want a pretty sparkly blond color. My hair is currently blond, just a pretty dark or dirty blond, so with already-blond hair do I have to bleach it first then dye it or can I simply dye it?

Most Helpful Guy

• i like your hair the way it is. Don't dye it or bleach it

• Nah, in wintertime (without sun) it gets very very dark, the pics I have make it look lighter than it is now

• I actually am not that attracted to blondes. I'd perfer your color, but from your description it's hard to tell. I want a better pic :P

• The brunette look works too :F

What Guys Said 3

• Your hair looks beautiful as it is. Just continue taking good care of it, and everything will be great.

• Your hair color is fine. Nothing to change.

• generaly, you only need to bleach it if your going a lot lighter, I had my hair blond and had to bleach it, but another time I had it dark reddish brown and did not need to bleach it. so my best guess is you don't have to bleach it.

What Girls Said 1

• probaby just try john frieda go blonder shampoo and conditioner