Who focuses more on physical appearance, men or women?

Based on the answers and questions you've seen on this site, which gender generally seems to place physical appearance as top priority (or make it sound like it's top priority)?

Most Helpful Guy

• Men pretty much look at women but women look at both men and women. Also, I will point out that women buy shoes and paint their nails not for the guy but for themselves and other women. So women are more into physical appearance.

What Guys Said 7

• I believe its more men that focus on what they see, like if they had a choice to talk to a girl who was wearing revealing clothes over a person who was wearing normal jeans and t shirts.

women feel pressured to improve their looks to get men or a mans attention. In a way its a funny and unique cycle.

• Guys focus more in general than girls, but are also more upfront about it. Girls don't admit how much they care about looks.

• Women. Many even admit to scanning the room for the tallest guy, and refusing to "settle" for any guy who is under 6 feet tall.

• I don't know too much about this site, but of course men focus on appearance. Women focus on status more than anything.

• Men are definitely more focused on the physical.

• I'll say women for themselves, but men for women.

• On this site women, but in the real world its men,

What Girls Said 10

• I think women focus on physical appearance more in that many are critical of themselves and each other. However, generally we're more forgiving about the other gender's looks. We'll go for the confident, funny, smart, guy who's overweight more often than men will go for a girl with those traits. Looks are less of a priority for us when looking for a partner.

• Men definitely do. We girls just want a guy who's got a big penis...I mean he's got a big bank account... I mean, he's TALL -- standing "taller" than us, is what I meant to say. I think to THAT at least we ALL again :/

• again = agree (I type up the word 'again' so much and rarely 'agree' is why I make that mistake often)

• This is easy, it's men. I have TONS of friends, and us girls fall for the smart, funny guys. Looks is more at the mid-to bottom of the list.

• Men definitely do. There are countless hot girls with average to ugly guys but it is never the other way around. Girls focus on other thing such as success and career, stability. Guys want the hot girl

• Men

• on this site- women. IRL- men

• I'd say both genders. Who are we kidding?

• Honestly, I think both men and women focus on in equally. But it definitely seems like men put more focus on it sometimes.

• Men are by definition more visual than women. That, and the fact that for us ladies, it's more of a package deal. He has to be funny, smart, warm, kind, etc. We're harsher on ourselves physically though.

• Women are expected to look sexy, hot, pretty, stunning and whatnot.