So many good looking girls out there?

i was just out and about the other day and realized that everywhere I seem to look, there were attractive girls everywhere! and not just pretty, but a lot of them were really attractive. it made me a little bit depressed that there are so many of them out there to have to compete with. it's like the level of attractiveness seems to go up as the years go by. does anyone else realize this, or is it just me?

i live in Melbourne, Australia, by the wya

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes I used to think about this all the time and that's something that brought my self-esteem even lower. I realized that I didn't want to feel like that all the time and that I still got enough attention from guys to make me think differently. It still brings me down every once in a while but I think that's normal. My best friend is beautiful and even this happens to her. We women are always comparing ourselves to one another in our minds. It's okay to acknowledge someone else's good looks but just keep in mind that you are your own different beautiful person and has what it takes to be just as attractive. It doesn't always have to be a competition.

What Guys Said 6

• I understand how your feel. Trust me it happens to us guys as well! I look around and think, why would a chick go for me! But, having said that. You are only worried about other girls you think are attractive. Trust me, guys have all sorts of tastes. I bet a lot of the girls you think are attractive are not attractive to a lot of guys! It's how life works. It's great the way it works like that to! Oh. By the way. I'm from Melbourne to! Nice to meet you! Say hi sometime!

• No, what's worse is walking down the street seeing all the good looking girls that would never give me the time of day. sigh.

• I agree, there are so many, just none of them ever have any interest in me.

• It would be a mistake to assume that looks are the only thing that make people attractive. *hugs*

• Meh. It's the makeup...

• I love Aussie accents on chicks - "I'm from Mail-bun".

I think girls enjoy competing with each other. There's a strong competition - for what I don't know - perhaps it's all about trying to be the queen bee.

What Girls Said 5

• Be confident in who YOU are,dont think about competition.There is nothing more attactive than confidence.

• I've been to Melbourne and yes the girls are gorgeous. But you shouldn't be depressed because they're good looking. I think you should be happy with you and that you need to accept your appearance. Life's too short to be bothered about how everyone looks. Do you find any physical feature that you are proud of? Because at the end of the day looks fade as you get older.

• I know what you mean. That's why you shouldn't develop a self worth that is based solely on your looks--you'll just be unhappy. Don't compare yourself to other girls. I try to remind myself that I'm desirable in other ways, and it keeps me feeling good about myself in a sea of Megan Fox look-alikes. =D

• I MUST! Move to Melbourn. It's not far, I'm in New Zealand :P Why are you competing?

• i don't know. I guess its a bit silly, but when you're surrounded by babes, your own view of your attractiveness diminishes...

• Nawww Sweety, You should be comparing yourself to the people around you, I'm one of the weirdest looking people in my area and my personality and laid back attitude makes me awesome and fun to be with, the reason why I've been with my boyfriend for 5 years :) it's not just looks it's also attitude.

• Yeah, I know what you mean :/ fml .