What do you think of a very deep purple eyeliner?

I usually wear blackened brown eyeliner. I'm light, blue-green eyes, light brown hair. I just bought a new eyeliner, it is a very deep purple...it looks brownish/black until you look up close.

But I can't decide if I like it or not. Does purple look less sophisticated or less natural than a deep brown? You can't tell it's purple unless you look at me close up.

mine is the prestige total intensity in powerful purple, anyone know it?

Most Helpful Girl

• If you don't like it, or can't tell then chances are its not the best for you. The best thing to do with makeup is to experiment. If something doesn't make you really like it when applied, then keep trying other shades/brands.

What Guys Said 1

• It works great for that just punched in the eye look :)

What Girls Said 9

• it adds a subtle dash of color and its more playful then the usual. it can be sophisticated too. obviously not as natural since no one has purple eyes lol but its a subtle bit of color and not distracting

• i don't think it looks any less sophisticated... but I have purple eyeliner and I can't really tell any difference when it's on me then if I wuz wearing black..

• I love it! to top it all off with a little purple eye shadow a shade lighter!

• go for it purple is awesome and since its deep it will look really nice

• I actually think a dark purple makes your eyes pop more. I like Urban Decay, 24/7, Glide on eye pencil in Rockstar. Check it out. It goes on easy and it stays on ALL DAY.

• I have the same color. But mines from Urban Dicay. I think it would look gorgeous with your eyes especially if your eyes are a blusih green, because the color that it looks from far away iss a brown it will make your eyes pop giving it a nice feel

• Sometimes sophisticated is bold. I'd say go with it. The purple will bring out the green in your eyes.

• i have the same kind of purple eyeliner and my husband absolutely loves it on me :)

• i wear dark purple eyeliner sometimes. I like it. if you can't even tell it's purple, then I guess this question is moot.

• Well you can tell close up and in photos.

• i say go for it. I personally like it alot.