Should I be OK with my girlfriend wearing thongs at the beach with my friends around?

My GF(23) and I (24) went on a short vacation to Bermuda a few weeks ago and I talked her into buying a thong bikini to wear while we were their. She was OK with this and did so. She wore the bikini pretty much the whole time we were at the beach in Bermuda and she looked so sexy in it. It did not bother her at all wearing the thong bikini because we did not know anyone their. Well we are back in south FL now and we are supposed to go to the beach on Thursday with a few of my close friends and I asked her to wear it. She thought about it for a while and then she said she does not mind as long as my friends are not staring the whole time. My girlfriend is a very fit and curvy girl and looks very attractive in the bikini. I told her they will surly look but the won't be freaky or weird about it. She is going to wear it she said and now I am second guessing myself about letting my friends see my girlfriend in a thong. Do you think I should just go threw with it? Keep in mind my girlfriend does not dress like a hooker and try to tease guys, she is pretty modest and a respectable girl. She is not saying yes because she wants attention or guys staring at her butt.

Most Helpful Girl

• she is coming home with you at night right...one she is saying girls I'm with him he gets this and two she is saying to your boys this is what your boy gets. she feels happy that you want her and want to show her to your friends...it shows that you guys have a strong relationship and by her saying yes means she is saying yes to you not your boys!

• i like your answer. Would you do the same if your Boyfriend asked you to wear it?

• yes because I love him and I love myself and know he is the only one I want.

What Girls Said 4

• I'd say to not bring it, not because guys would be staring at her but because its America and people freak out about that sort of thing so that they can protect their children's eyes or something along those lines.

• If I were you, I would ask her to leave it at home. You said you know your friend will look at her in a maybe not so appropriate way and that will likley be uncomfortable for her and for you too.

I don't get what you get out of it, why did you ask her to wear it in the first place?

• really just because I saw how good she looked in it in Bermuda and it was a big turn on and I just wanted her to wear it again. she has been wearing it in the pool at our house and some of the neighbors have seen her in it and it does not bother her or me. I was just thinking it might be different if we were around close friends.

• ok, well ask her what she wants. Maybe bring both and if she feel uncomfortable (or you do) she can still change.

But be careful that you not caring about this, doesn't come across as not caring about her at all. If she wanted this, there's no big problem but I know a couple of girls who would hurt if their boyfriend wouldn't care about this at all. I'm not sure how I would feel about this either

• You just want your friends to see that you have nice arm candy. Show off...

• its not like I am asking her to be topless. lots of girls wear thongs on the beach because it does look sexy. I don't see the big deal with wanting my girlfriend to be sexy also.

• I never said it was anything WRONG. It just seems like you want her to put on a show 4 your friends. Personally, I respect myself AND my boyfriend and I would only wear a thong if its just me and him, not around his friends. For what? Just so they can look at me like I'm some item? There are other ways your girlfriend can be sexy and wearing a bikini alone is pretty sexy...So you should let her choose.

• i'm kinda torn because on one hand it sounds like you're asking for trouble but on another I mean if I had a great body I'd wanna show it off too. So I guess for me it's Kinda weird that you are asking her to show it off in front of your friends.

maybe you need to kinda do some soul searching as to why you want your friends to see her in such a provocative way? is it because you're proud of her and want her to feel proud of herself? or because you'd get off on it?

What Guys Said 4

• Sounds like a keeper of a girlfriend. Ask her to bring some of her single attractive friends that problem will be solved right away.

• I say go for it. And if you got the balls you should wear one and join her. ^^

• If your girlfriend and you both are fine with that... and your Girlfriend has body for that so that she don't need to be ashamed then why not? I think it's totally fine and it's actually nice to see that at least some people have guts (and body) for that. There's really nothing wrong in wearing thong bikinis, people do it all the time. We are not all Muslims for god sake. So go for it and and be proud of your Girlfriend of that she is so courageous!

• That's the thing, she's going to get massive amounts of attention. Are you prepared to deal with the hassles? Is she? She probably loves the adoration to some level, even though she might not outwardly admit it.