Appropriate in Ohio or Not?

Back home it's totally okay to wear just a sports bra and jeans/shorts out and about. However, I'm in Northeastern Ohio now and wondering if this is inappropriate. Yes or no?

Ignoring the winter factor.

Most Helpful Girl

• Considering the update, it would still probably be inappropriate, unless you're out running or at the gym. Not many people wear sports bras without anything over it up here.

What Guys Said 4

• I wouldn't recommend it at this time of year it's pretty cold outside there.

But whether or not it's appropriate is going to depend on each individual's opinion. There will be some people everywhere who think you aren't wearing enough clothing, but the majority of people won't care.

• I would think so, just because it's really cold in Ohio now a days.

• No winter factor... then it really depends where you are really going... if you are with your friends, I guess it would be if they are fine with it... I think that if it's a place where there are a lot of people, It wouldn't be too inappropriate, but you are gonna get nasty looks of you do.

• I would say no -- what did you decide?

• I said heck with it why not, guys don't always wear their shirts. Got a weird looks for about the 1st week and then people got over it. Now there's a growing number of girls on campus (boarding school) deciding that shirts aren't necessary.

• wow. I have a feeling I'd be awfully distracted.

• Depends on how big your boobs are. Smaller chested girls can get away with a lot more. What size are you?

• Not small, 34D.

• "Back home" is Heidelberg, Germany. Ergo username. My soccer coach and some of three of the seven girls in my dorm. I moved midway through the first quarter of the school year... I forget exactly when and my boobs (while large) haven't grown. Seriously though, they were shorts that could pass as underwear and cami's with an extreme padded push-up bra that addes two sizes. I don't get them.

• Wait, what? You were wearing shorts that looked like underwear and a push up bra? Or a sports bra? Or are you saying that's what they were wearing while they complained about your sports bra and jean shorts? Are they as well endowed as you are? If not they probably feel threatened. Pics would help, btw.

What Girls Said 4

• that's innapropriate any time of year, unless you're working out. lol do you actually just hang out in public wearing jeans and a sports bra?

• well that kind of behavior is innapropriate and will get you some strange looks in (most) areas of North America. You should only wear it if your exercising and even then, a tank top or t shirt is more common.

• That's inappropriate unless you're working out or jogging. I know a sports bra is comfy, but why wear it like a regular top out on the streets ? I think that style was good back in the 80s, but I think bandeau tops are coming back. link

• im surprised that's appropriate anywhere lol

• Uhhh...considering it's almost winter...yes, it's inappropriate.