Tongue piercings, how painful? how is day 1? Are they noticable?

Ok so I got my belly button done and now I want my tounge done. I was thinking about taking a vikident before and then after take one and then the next day take one. Just to make the pain not that bad. My belly button hurt and I can handle a lot of pain, so I'm thinking the tounge will really hurt. So I'm really nervouse , I know that the nervousness is gunna be worse than the acctual percing . ANy way to calm down? How is day one? like will I be in more pain the next day? And is it noticable? I want it more towards the middle but my boyfriend doesn't like them so I don't want it showing that much. I don't open my mouth big when I talk. should I bring someone to hold my hand? lol I don't mean to sounds like a baby I'm just super nervouse.

Most Helpful Girl

• When the needle goes into your tongue it isn't painful at all, I kind of cringed because it's a weird feeling but it's not painful. You won't feel any pain for a few hours afterward when it starts to swell, but you'll mainly feel it swollen the next day. It will stay swollen for around 3 days I think. I don't think it will show too much, it only does if its a bit forward. Mine was in the middle and didn't show when I was speaking that often.

The swelling is very annoying, as you can't eat properly or talk properly for several days, make sure to have a lot of ice water throughout the day to keep the swelling down.

What Guys Said 2

• Only if your using it on me :D

• Anyone who spells as atrociously as you do should not get a tongue piercing.

• sorry I know I have sucky spelling

• Aw, sorry for being so harsh. Look, they can easily get infected and can completely mess up your sense of taste. Look up "tongue piercing fail" if you don't believe it. And you know, those things were in style back in 1994 (look at rosanna arquette in Pulp Fiction). It's 18 years later. Worst of all, people sound like their IQ dropped 50 points because of the speech impediment it creates.

What Girls Said 2

• It doesn't hurt one bit! I would definitely have someone there to hold your hand. My mom held mine. It just takes the nervousness away. I didn't even feel the needle going in. It started hurting when it swelled up. Make sure not to drink anything through a straw, because it pulls the tongue ring, and it hurts. Definitely brush your teeth every time you eat or drink something, and use a non-alcoholic mouthwash. I had a lisp for about 5 days, and ate nothing but ice cream & icees for about 5 days. Drink lots of ice water the first day. It heals in no time! :) Hope this is helpful.

• it don't hurt at all I thought it would hurt but you don't even feel it!. I got mine done twice. the thing to do it have ice in your mouth all day so it won't swell up so much. rince really good with mouth wach brush your teeth every time you eat. the belly button is actually the most painful one. but don't panic because you will think it hurts when it doesn't lol oh and after your throught will be sore because they pull your toung out a little to harsh but its not a biggy once you get it you will be fine.