How important is it to wear a watch?

How important is it for a man to wear a watch?

My budget is very small but I've heard that its a must have item for a man

Most Helpful Guy

• Why would you even care if some fashion mag or whatever says it's a "must have"? How about wearing a watch when YOU decide it looks good on you, not when it's considered a "must have"?

• +1. I like your reply. I don't really care what fashion mag says. I just think that people who wear watches look classy and elegant. I feel naked without one. You are from Austria and I bet more people wear watches there than in North America. I am from Europe too.

• Cheers that's what I'll do. I will scan around and will buy it only when ill have enough cash or ill just find the one :)

• Right decision IMO.

What Girls Said 32

• How important? Well, if you have a cell phone it's not important one bit.

Other than that, I don't get what you question is. How can it be a "must have"? If you like it, wear it. If you don't like it, don't wear it. If you can't afford one at the moment and don't really NEED it now, just wait until you can afford it. I don't see you it could be a "must have" other than you like watches (or a certain watch) so much, that you just HAVE TO get one. But even that is not really a NEED.

• Maybe because I am from Europe and I have always wore a watch I find it a "must have item". I feel naked without one on my wrist :). It is like one of the only pieces of jewelry a guy can wear. A girl doesn't need to wear that cute necklace but when she has it on her she gets extra hotness points (as long as the necklace is not a cheap one from a dollar store)

• I was just wondering what do people think of watches and of people who wear them? There are less and less people wearing them and I was just curious why. Also, wanted to know why people who wear watches do that.

• Well, I think watches look good on guys. Except for those huge pimp watches.

• its not that important of a thing.

• But we have cellphones now

• omg this guy at my work had a really huge watch it was funny. but honestly girls never notice and if you have a cellphone why have a watch? but if you don't then get a phone not a watch lol

• i have a galaxy s2 phone but I feel too lame and lazy getting it out of my pocket, turning on and seeing what time is it. Also, a watch is a piece of jewelry and ill rather have a watch than an earing. :)

• You have a really good knowledge about fashion. On this I completely agree with you. More than 2 pieces of jewelry on the guy looks LAAAAAAME.

I was thinking of buying a rave watch or a classy watch... which one should I get? :)

• lol duh! but yeah ummm I don't know rave is kinda tacky at times I think you should get a classy one that will match with your clothing.

• Watches are usually a signal of how wealthy a man may truly be, but it isn't important. A man may not want to wear a watch and he could be a billionare. It's all up to personal preference, really.

• they're not a must.

• Where did you hear that? It is far from important to me.

• I really don't notice unless he points it out or if it's different. (Like a Mickey Mouse watch =P.)

• I don't find it important, I don't even notice if someone is wearing one or not.

• Not important there are clocks every wear. Unless your ALWAYS LATE for dates, then I don't want to see you without one.

• If I ain't gotta wear one, I don't see why you do(:

• I think guys who wear watches are hot, like business men

• Not at all, it's never even crossed my mind! XD

• Not important just use your phone

• You could just use your phone

• I don't sometimes

• Pretty importent

• I don't fell like it would be with all the technology around now

• Not too much with cell phones nowadays, but it's a great accessory I think personally. :)

• Uhh... Idk, as long as u have a mobile in reach u don't need it? After all, it's only to look at the time, tho I do like cool watches.

• Eh, if u wanna know da time u wear one i guess.

• I love a good watch on a man. It's very sexy

• I have personally never heard of that, so it must not be all that important. I think it's just an accessory, but if you want to wear a watch, wear a watch. (:

• Lol not very important in my book at all.

• I dont wear a watch . Time is a lie is a human invention .

• I don't normally wear a watch, I use my phone. However, if I'm going to a occasion where I should be or look as I'm on my phone I will wear a watch.

• Not a must, by any means...although they do look cool. My friend (a guy) got the coolest looking watch on Amazon for really cheap, and it looks exactly like a J Crew one that was $100+. No need to spend tons of money.

• theres something very sexy and masculine about it lol

• Haha, oh man I love how everyone assumes that accessing their cell is a good idea all the time. I'm a estuarine ecologist and when you're doing timed chemical analysis in a mangrove swamp you look like an idiot without a watch, the athletic kind that has a stopwatch and can be submerged. So yeah, I kind of expect the men in my field to have one, but not the jewelry sort.

• I like your taste. I don't like watches in general and almost always refuse to wear one but I make exception for the rubberized sportsman-type divers' watches that are loaded with features, waterproof to 300+ feet, and look like a tank could have its way with them and they'd still be intact. I just like the look of functional =)

• The kind that are certified for Ironmans? Bingo. They're so useful! I never leave home without mine, I work up a mean watch tan :-)

• I have one that my father bought me as a Christmas present two years ago, but because the band is rubber and not nylon I hardly ever wear I because I don't like the way it feels against my skin.

• I don't see that as a ''must have''. you just use it if you want to or if you need to be always checking the time (like me). but, nowadays, every mobile has a clock on it and every person has at least one mobile (coz I know some people who have 3!)...

• Checking time on the mobile phone is not classy. Also watch is like the only jewelry a man can wear.

What Guys Said 11

• In the corporate world, it's a status symbol, like your expensive car and a girl friend half your age. But in the world of cell phones, who needs one any more?

• A watch is a status of symbol not only in a corporate world. Yeah I agree it became a piece of jewelry after cell phones came out. However, when you wear a good looking classy watch you just look more elegant. You are one of the few who wear them and it differentiates you from others.

• It attracts the women who size up guys based on their portfolio!

• A watch is not a must have item.

If you have one, it must be mechanical though.

A watch is nowadays like an 'acceptable piece of jewelry for men. You don't need to wear one, but you have the option.

• Of course it has to be mechanical. I would never wear an electronic one :). Yes you don't need to wear one but its an option which will add you more good than harm (unless you one of the top managers and you wear a cheap one)

• My biggest issue is with the cuffs of that style of shirt. I don't like the way they sit and my wrists. I would prefer them to be made of a stretchier material and be more form-fitting, made of spandex type material of that were possible.

• Well, I've actually had slightly stretchy ones, but most of my shirts (pretty much all low cost hong kong custom) are pretty narrow through the sleeve. They do sit better then the tent-like shirts you'd buy in a store

• I wear my watch everyday because I hate having to take my phone out. It's as natural as putting putting my wallet in my pocket now. I've been wearing this watch for the past 6 or 7 years. Even got a sweet ass wrist tan.

forums.watchuseek.com/.../...gw-9100-a-284672.html

• not important as a style point unless the girls here opine to the contrary. That said, I wear a watch because time and schedule is important for my work. I know I can check my phone, but my work is the reason. days off, no watch...

• If you're wearing a suit, it would be a good idea to have one, though not entirely necessary.

• I have a watch and I hardly ever wear it

• Go big or go home!

idn.jewelryunlimited.com/.../...20wtch-8438-33.jpg

Yeah I want that watch bad but it's $2000.

• pff , a must hav0 my aSS :) e , it's sweaty , It irritates and I can see the time on my cell...

• Pretty much, It looks good and helps keep you organised

• Outside of the fashion sense, I need a watch. I work in an environment where I need to record times and seconds count. I cannot use my phone for that because I don't want to smear chemicals on it or risk it getting secondary splash.

When I go shooting or play airsoft, I use the watch / stopwatch function intensely: I need to know what time it is, what the mission time is, how long I've been recording, etc. I'm not going to risk getting my phone shot or damaged, regardless of how fancy it's stopwatch function might be.

• I use to wear a watch, but then cell phones, and mp3 players, and paper thing lap tops, an everything else in the world had the time on it all the sudden and a watch became obsolete. All it is now is a piece of jewelry.