Do we see ourselves in a different way then others do?

I mean when we take looks at our pictures or when we look in the mirror and we don't like what we see, does that mean that a person who is with us at that moment will look at us in different way. Will they see the same flaws ?

Most Helpful Guy

• Beauty is the eye of the beholder. Flaws in my book a generally identifying markers, i.e. you are this. They provide a visual map of experiences and memories. I got this scar doing this, I broke my nose doing that.

The person you are with is with you because of your "flaws", He just doesn't see it that way.

As the person looking at yourself, you have looked at yourself your whole life. You form opinions on what is wrong with you through the combined experiences of what you have learned is attractive from media, from idiots, from whatever. You overanalyse yourself, and you sometimes find things on the internet to back it up.

It is a mental mindset and, I hope the person you are with can convince you to change that because in his eyes, you are, for all intents and purposes, his world. (and the world is full of beauty).

PS Wow... what did I just write...

What Guys Said 14

• We do not see ourselves or hear ourselves as others do. That's a fact.

• Sometimes our self-images aren't completely accurate. We often focus on small, unimportant details or downplay good things. It's good to haven an outside-looking-in view.

• They'll see their own flaws in you. People can only understand as much about others as they can about themselves. They'll pick up on the flaws they've dealt with themselves and be mostly unaware of the others. All in all, perceptions can vary wildly.

• we are much more aware of our own looks than others are, even people who like us and are attracted to us physically don't notice a lot of things we do.

• I do think that we, for the most part, are our harshest critics...

• I think we do. Sometimes I think some people may not see me as unattractive as I think I am. If that makes sense. Sometimes I think they see me way less attractive than I think I am. It's weird.

• We all are own worst critics.

Especially perfectionists

When looking at a previous photo you think of all the things that you did differently or what wasn't right but what we fail to believe is that all of our moments be it mess ups and successes.

It brought us to this point regardless of whatever happens

• Perception is reality. Whatever you truly believe is going to be real to you. When it comes to things of an opinion type nature, like someone's looks, there are some generalities that most people agree with, but I've found that each individual person has an incredibly unique experience that shapes the way they see things. Each person is so different. What you hate about yourself someone else may absolutely love, as crazy as that sounds.

• No we do not see our self's the way others do .

The way we think we are , the way we want to be and the way other people think we are , make us who we really are .. That's what they say and I find it accurate enough .

• i don't agree with this statement, no offense by the way. I believe you can only define yourself, others may think they know you but they dont. Only you know yourself well enough to know who you are. So to answer this question, yes its most likely people will see you differntly to what you think of yourself but it doesn't mean that they are right cos they only see parts of you not the whole of you.

• Well I don't mind if people have their own way of thinking , thanks for sharing .

But I still think that even tho we do know our self's better , we do most of the time wish to be something more "better"/"other" and even if we don't care much about what people think about us , they still influence us and so "who we think we are , who we want to be , who people think that we are" . When those three collide , what we get is our self as it is formed from our expectations,hopes,interaction .

• Nah. I see myself as ugly just like everybody else.

• i think I am cool and sexy, but some girls (especially young ones) giggle when I walk by. strange. it irritates me...

• I don't think they'll see you flaws unless you point them out

• Truestory...

• absolutely.

What Girls Said 12

• Do we see ourselves in a different way then others do? For some people.

Some people see themselves differently for how others see them while others see themselves the same way the majority of people see them.

Different interpretations of behavior and different perceptions of attractiveness.

Will they see the same flaws ? Possibly depending on if they are obvious flaws from the get-go or flaws that the person is highly critical of that is minimal to others.

• Personally, I think so. Wouldn't it be intersting to have a list of the ways all different people saw you? I'd love that.

• Yes, I believe we see ourselves differently than others.

I think we notice our flaws more than others do.

we all put ourselves down. we think "ugh, I have a zit above my eyebrow. everyone's gonna stare at it." but most of the time, other people don't notice that little zit above our eyebrow, or that one freckle on the side of our nose. it's our own insecurities that make us think people are gonna notice something wrong with us. but when I see people out in public, I notice, "wow, that person has really nice eyes", or "that person has a great, bright smile." it sounds cheesy, but I'm just trying to make a point, haha. I don't notice flaws in other people. I point out their beauty. and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

:)

• I belive that we do. Sometimes, it's in a better way than others see us, and sometimes we put ourselve's down waaay too much!

• Of course it's different!

• I think we don't 'see' ourselves different but we 'judge' ourselves harder then we judge other people , I guess. And nobody knows your body so good as you do... I think if you see the same little flaw ten times a day it will get annoy you more then it does to other people, so don't be to hard on your self :)

• Sometimes.

• People see me as standoffish despite me thinking I give off a warm friendly demeanor.

• I think people can tell mostly if a person is confident about his or her looks or not and it might show, but I don't think it shows to the same level we think it does, it's very slight

• When I look in the mirror I see his hideous monster looking back. I think we are all hard on ourselves, people don't see the cracks and scars that we do.

• I notice my flaws a whole lot more than other people do.

• i think so. we are always more critical of ourselves or have a skewed sense of who we are.