What classy brands a guy must have in his closet?

I always get complimented on my Lacoste, Versace and Hugo Boss items. Girls when you see guys wearing what brand names you say "wow", "sexy" etc...? :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Girls who think they know about expensive brands but don't might be excited about those names. Most fashion houses don't make their own clothes, so different lines range from overpriced but very high quality to overpriced garbage. The lowest end "lines" aren't lines at all, they're just licensing deals - emporio armani for example, has nothing to do with armani beyond the fact they pay armani for the rights to put 'armani' on their stuff, basically.

I haven't seen a lot of recent versace stuff, but traditionally that house has a definite style - some women will love it, some will hate it. Boss ... I used to buy more of, but don't now. It fits me better then most off the rack stuff, but its not actually that good value for the quality you get.

I'm assuming you're talking about tailored stuff by them, as opposed to a $5 t-shirt someone wrote 'BOSS' on and charged 50 bucks for.

What Girls Said 6

• Dude! don't do this .. guys who are like this in my college get mocked all the time! It's pure gay to wear brands all the time .. seriously! plus that TRUST ME , girls never ever pay attention to such details , except the materialistic ones .. if you wanna get on of those , then wear brand names :)

• A shirt with a brand name means nothing...its just a shirt

• i don't care about shirts... I like to wear brand name shoes, jeans and jackets.I always buy brand name shoes 'cause they look better and last longer

• if its quality your after then its a different issue...

• its quality and looks... I will lie to you if a brand name doesn't play even a small role in my decisions. I always bought lacoste, hugo boss and versace and I trust these brands. I know exactly what I am getting and how last they will last. I also know the reaction of people I will get. I don't mind overpaying a little for a luury brand name. When I pay more I care about my clothing and it lasts even longer. Ironic right? :)

• I don't liike it if people buy certain brands just for the brand, just buy clothrs that look good on you, that's enough :)

• After Reading all the comments, I have to disagree. Wearing expensive brands does not only attract gold diggers. It shows class and is attractive. As for brand names, I like the ones you listed, try burberry?

• APC, Band of Outsiders...I don't know any other men's brands. I just like guys that look classic and minimal but also sort of like lumberjacks.

• nope. I don't really pay attention to what brands guys wear.

What Guys Said 4

• You're an idiot if you think that BRANDS gonna make you "attract the chicks"

If anything you might magnet gold-diggers but my guess is that it's the last thing you want! Maybe!

And what girls think when they see that? "Someone who can't manage his money!" or worse: "Wannabe-player"

I'm not saying that dressing well is unimportant, it's very important but you gotta find your own style and choose what LOOKS GOOD instead of what costs a lot!

All those expensive brands are just about.. brands! They buy sh*tty, plain-looking clothes from Turkey or China and put on their label and add +200$ min. on the price. It's total ripping-off, and treating their customers like mushrooms - that means keep them in the dark and feed them bullsh*t!

• I'll rather have 1 good looking pair of jeans than 5 average. These brand names fit my style and that's why I buy them. I will never buy cheap shoes. I still have a pair of lacoste shoes which bought when I were 16 and they still look like brand new opposed to 20 "noname" brands which I threw away long ago. Cheap people pay more.

• You still don't get it, buddy! Expensive NOT ALWAYS means good! And cheap NOT ALWAYS means plain and bad!

Actually many times branded clothes are boring-looking and with very sh*tty quality and you can buy stylish, cool looking clothes for a reasonable price, if you open your eyes!

But that's your game, not mine, I'm just giving an advice, follow it or not, your business!

• I get your point. Sometimes I wonder myself how a tshirt can cost $200 when exactly the same one costs $10. For a tshirt I have a limit of $30, jeans $ 80, shoes $300 and leather jacket any price. I am not buying a brand name just because Versace logo is on it. Shoes and jackets are very important to me and I m willing to overpay for a handcrafted pair of leather shoes made in northern africa or south-east Europe. It takes me 30 seconds to chose a tshirt but weeks to find shoes.

• The best clothes are the ones made by respectable brands (such as those in your list), but they don't have the brand logo visible, or if it is, then it is very subtle. People will notice, and as you put it, say "wow", by the way they fit you, and the quality of them. Going by what you have so far, I'd recommend Banana Republic, Armani (any line really, except for the Armani Exchange line), Diesel, and French Connection.

• Honestly, girls don't pay attention to brands. But, if you are going to a wedding or formal/classy event, get a nice Hawes & Curtis Fashion Shirt. Especially look at the Limited Editions, classiest thing I have in my closet.

• Your profile pic confuses me a lot!