When do you say to a gal 'cute', and when 'beautiful'?

What's really the difference ? Cause I had a fight with my bff and we never come to a conclusion when a gal's a beauty and when she's a cutie.

Most Helpful Guy

• Beautiful is something that takes my breath away and I usually never use it. Cute is something I say when I have general interest in a girl and she has a good personality.

What Guys Said 8

• I use the terms interchangeably. I don't rate them for how they look, otherwise every person would be on a unique scale.

Its all semantics for saying, "when I look at you, the rest of the world slips away".

• Emmm.. it's like.. whatever I feel like! Cute girls are cute.. they are.. well.. cute! Lovely, adorable, innocent, likeable!

Beautiful is... beautiful, bombastic, hot, graceful, magical!

• If I like what I see above the neck: cute.

If I like what I see below the neck: beautiful.

If I like the whole package: again, beautiful.

• A cutie to me is at the lower end of being pretty, beautiful to me is at the top end of being pretty.

• Show me in pictures, if it's not being hard for you.. thanks

• erm even if he does provide you wid a picture its going to be subjective anyway. everyone has different perception and explanation on what they consider to be beautiful and cute.

• Cute makes me smile

Beautiful puts me in awe.

• I don't say cute, but now you see our dilemma, you girls always say cute.

• I do not think there is a difference, the blond link is a girl I would consider both.

• Cute = easy going and doing a playful thing .

.

Beautiful = looking good and more of a romantic thing .

What Girls Said 4

• To me beauty is the whole package. It describes sophisticated, sexy, loving, strong, couragous, and driven women. Of course beauty also means you are cute, but cute is on a much more superficial level.

• Cute is more childish and beautiful is more grown up

• What my boyfriend says is a girl is beautifil when he can consider to wife her. and when she's cute she's just cute she doesn't have potiental to be a wifey

• I've heard that "cute" corresponds to a pretty girl with a fun personality, but "beautiful" is deeper, like an amazing girl all around (beautiful mind, face, personality, etc.) which typically comes after the guy knows you (for some guys).