Does arm hair get darker as men get older?

I rarely see men in their early/mid 20s with dark arm hair, yet men in their 40s tend to have darker hair.

Most Helpful Guy

• This question just made me think of something; when I was ten or so years old, I had a friend who was the same age, and he had really hairy arms. I'm sure it was his nationality, he was middle eastern. Just thought I'd share. And I think this phenomenon is quite common, though change in color and intensity of change will vary from person to person.

What Girls Said 3

• it darkens because of hormone levels changing.

• Ive noticed this! I think it does!

• I think just thicker, maybe some men are not at their peak in their early 20s (Sexually speaking). I mean, I find that a man seems most masculine in his late 20s-40s even. A lot of guys in their early 20s (Though not all) still seem a bit pubescent, testosterone levels probably peak more mid-late 20s and upwards.

That's often why girls are drawn to older men. Me-ow.

What Guys Said 2

• I'm not sure. It might get darker, it might get thicker, or we as a species could be mate selecting for lighter arm hair causing older generations to appear to have darker hair by comparison.

• depends on the root color of the scalp.

ill have blond hair growing out my head, face, and arms for as long as I live!