Girls do you wear rain boots for fashion or practicality

I don't believe that girls wear rain boots, to stay dry , but rather for fashion. I think rain boots are ugly, and not fashionable at all. Also sometimes I see girls wear them when it is not raining out, which to me is dumb. If rain boots, were really about staying dry instead of fashion, then you would see guys wear them also. So girls am I right you wear them for fashion?

Most Helpful Girl

• Personally, I think rain boots are hideous. However, I wear them every single time I see it raining outside. They're extremely convenient (especially since I walk outside a lot) and you don't have to awkwardly step around puddles to try and avoid them. I don't think guys wear rain boots because most guys don't care. I NEVER see guys walking around with umbrellas or anything while it's raining so personally, I think guys don't mind getting as wet as girls. I know a bunch of guys who wear their Tims when it's raining the same way girls wear their rain boots when it's raining so it all depends. But really, most girls I know wear them solely for staying dry.

What Girls Said 14

• fashion? lmao they're one of the least fashionable things ever! when I wear them it's to stay dry. I only ever wear them when it's raining out. but I wear cute ones (well cute by rain boot standards) so I don't look down at my feet and wanna die when I do have to wear them. :p

• Practicality for sure because they aren't as comfy as my other shoes. However that doesn't mean I have an ugly pair, I chose some cute chookas for when it is raining and get some compliments on them the few days it's rained so far this year. I just absolutely hate climbing the stairs in them, I live on the 3rd floor :/

• You'd be surprised what we've adapted as part of our every day fashion trend. Girls (with no taste, I might add) wear Uggs when it's 75 degrees outside and drier than a rhino's skin, yet they don't need to wear them. I happen to have a pair of Sperry rain boots with a quilted pattern that look so cute with jeans and a nice sweater. I've gotten tons of compliments on them, but I usually wear them when it's a bit rainy outside. I'm just convenient that way, but I understand the trend.

• rainboots are not hot.. you mean boots in general like leather boots? because I wear those even when its warm out... and I could see how that's a little weird... haha

• I wear rain boots to stay dry. I live in Seattle. Enough said. Even if it's not raining, it could rain any minute, so the need for boots can never be ruled out.

I do think they can look cute though, it you have nice ones and wear them in appropriate situations. Obviously wearing them on a sunny summer day would be dumb.

• I see girls wearing them, when it is sunny out, like today I saw it, and it seems so dumb to me. I think it is stupid to wear them anyways, to me it just seems pointless to have them, it's just, rain, I mean you don't see guys wearing rainboots, to stay dry, so girls, don't really need them either.

• I would and have gotten that wet without rain boots. (Note the punctuation.)

• Look, this is ridiculous. I live in a rainy area. Without wearing boots sometimes, my shoes would be soaked through all day. I know this from experience. I would prefer to avoid experiencing it again. End of story. If you don't believe me because you can't understand how water falling from the sky might actually cause my shoes to become wet, that's not my problem.

• Rain boots are ugly, no matter what. I kind of understand when you say rainboots aren't needed,, if your belief is that girls can wear sandals or flip flops while it's raining really hard. However, rain is cold... it can be uncomfortable. Also, I'm more of a shoe/sock kind of girl. One day, I got off work and it was raining cats and dogs. Puddles everywhere. While I had my umbrella, my pants leg and feet were soaked (not only because of the heavy rain but the puddles everywhere)... which was uncomfortable. So, they're kind of a neccessity, especially when it's muddy. However, when women wear them for style, it's silly to me especially if wearing them while it's warm out, I imagine they would get hot in them.

• By the way, just because the other gender doesn't do something doesn't mean we should follow. Men belch and fart openly, doesn't mean we should too.

• Hunter brand rain boots are a big thing at my university. Girls wear 'em even if it hasn't rained for a week.

• What is the deal with Hunter's I have seen girls wear them when It is not raining. It makes no sense to me, rain boots are not meant for fashion.

• Nothing is meant for fashion until people decide it is meant for fashion.

• People who think boots worn by farmers, were for fashion need their head examined. People get so caught up about fashion, when it is so overated. Fashion is meaningless. I neve runderstood why people made a big deal about it. It is like people who go crazy over sports, despite the fact that in the grand scheme sports are meaningless.

• I wear fashionable rain boots when they are practical-- but I do not find it practical to wear rain boots for fashion. Bottom line: We wear cute rain boots when it rains or is muddy because we don't want to wear ugly ones. If we have to wear the boots, they might as well be cute.

• Bu tyou don't really need rainboots. If rain boots were somethign that was a necessaity, than men would wear them also.

• I would feel gay wearing rain boots, and many other people would probably feel that way. I agree they can be very practical, but I just think they are overrated.

• Yes, I see. It's sad that guys lack ways to keep their feet dry (without feeling gay by wearing rain boots).

• umm I don't know where you live but where I live no one hardly wears them because it never rains and we don't live in london.. if I do see them.. it's because it's rainy that day.

• Some people wear them where I live (CT) even when it does not rain. What I do not get is when they are worn for fashion, In London people do that, even guys wear them for fashion over there I have heard, which seems gay, for a guy to wear rainboots.

• I would never judge someone for wearing them, bu tIf I saw a guy wearing rain boots, in America, I would think he was gay, and I don't think any girl would ever date a guy who wore rain boots.

• hahaha very true

• To stay dry. I buy the cute ones because if I HAVE to wear those kinds of boots, I might as well wear ones that are cute but that is the only time I wear them.

• Exactly. I've been stuck with my old $15 utilitarian looking ones because I can't afford new ones right now :( Trust me, I would NOT be wearing them if I wouldn't be miserably uncomfortable otherwise.

• There are some girls that I know that wear them on non-rainy days, but for the most part I usually see them in the spring where it gets really muddy where I am. I only wear them on rainy days, because they make me feel drier. I really think that wearing them on perfectly nice days looks a bit stupid.

I don't really think rainboots are hideous, but they certainly look weird to walk in, with the strange ankle flattening thing that always goes on, lol.

• practicality. they're not fashionable in the least

• I don't like it and I asume they wear it for fashion

• practicality. I don't wear boots in the summer, some girls walk around wearing uggs and shorts in the summer when I think that's stupid.

What Guys Said 0