Why do girls like long hair on guys so much?

Maybe its just me that looks better with long hair, and when I mean long I don't mean really long I just mean over ears-ish. the looks I get from girls and tellin me I look good with longer hair and not to cut it makes me wonder why its so much better

Most Helpful Girl

• depends on the guy to an extent and his hairstyle when it grows out. Wavy/curly hair looks amazing to me when it's grown out, but I can't stand the long Justin Bieber look. Straight hair can look good too. Super short hair just looks too traditionally masculine or butch (totally generalizing here) and I don't find that attractive at all. In short, long hair conveys a more sensitive guy. Also, short hair can make a guy's head or ears look big (again, depending on the guy). Oh, and I loooove running my hands through a guy's hair, messing around with it when we're cuddling, etc. That's a must for me :)

• interesting.. you don't like a manly look even though you like men? why?

• I hate the butch attitude that often (again, generalizing) goes with that attitude. A guy is far more manly to me if he doesn't seem like he's trying to act that way, if that makes sense :P

• goes with that **hairstyle. Not attitude >.<

What Girls Said 8

• girls will tell you they love your long locks because they see your hair and it stands out from other guys hair. but in reality they will think you're just as cute either way, its just something for them to comment on. I had a friend who used to have long hair who would get compliments all the time from women, he told me that it didn't really matter in the end. you will be sexy to them either way lol

• i love short hair on girls,and long hair on guys-i don't know why,it just looks better

• I don't really mind. Scruffy is good though, then I can play with it and mess it up even more.

• Because I love to run my fingers through it :D If a guy let's me play with his hair, it makes me like him even more lol

• We don't love long hair so much at all... well for me at least.

• I especially like long hair on guys with darker hair, it gives them sort of an edge I guess, if they wear it right. Even when they tie it back in a pony tail it still looks sexy.

• I hate long hair on guys. Always.

• i love short hair, almost like a buzz cut- army style. its easier for me to comb my fingers through it and give a good scalp massage

What Guys Said 2

• Yeah I think it's definitely a hit or miss thing. Some people like myself (and you apparently) just rock the hell out of it. Mine's about down to the shoulder though, so girls like to come up to me and braid it/play with it and whatnot. It's some odd toxic combination that I still have trouble understanding, like having the girliness of a gay best friend except it's mixed with a dude they can totally be with.

I could be way off base though hahaha

• Is this you? If so, I can tell you why.

link